Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Beatles Songs - I'm Looking Through You Lyrics

I'm Looking Through You Lyrics By The Beatles Songs Album: Rubber Soul Year: 1965 I'm looking through you, Where did you go? I thought I knew you, What d

The Beatles Songs - I'm Looking Through You
The Beatles - I'm Looking Through You


The Beatles - I'm Looking Through You Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Rubber Soul
Released: 1965

I'm Looking Through You Lyrics


I'm Looking Through You,
Where did you go?
I thought I knew you,
What did I know?
You don't look different, but you have changed.
I'm looking through you, you're not the same.

Your lips are moving,
I cannot hear.
Your voice is soothing,
But the words aren't clear.
You don't sound different,
I've learned the game.
I'm looking through you,
You're not the same.

Why, tell me why, did you not treat me right?
Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight.

You're thinking of me,
The same old way.
You were above me,
But not today.
The only difference is you're down there.
I'm looking through you,
Any other way.

Why, tell me why did you not treat me right?
Love has a nasty habit of disappearing overnight.

I'm looking through you,
Where did you go?
I thought I knew you,
What did I know?
You don't look different,
But you have changed.
I'm looking through you,
You're not the same!

Writer/s: LENNON, JOHN / MCCARTNEY, PAUL
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I'm Looking Through You Song Chart
  • Paul McCartney wrote this when his girlfriend, an actress named Jane Asher, left on a theater tour instead of staying home like he had hoped she would.

    Another Rubber Soul track, "You Won't See Me," is also about Asher. Despite McCartney's musical barbs, she has steadfastly refused to speak about Paul.
  • On the US stereo version, there are two false guitar intros. This version was released on Capitol Records.
  • Ringo played the Hammond organ on this track.
  • The version on the album is a second version the Beatles recorded. The one that appears on Anthology 2 was originally going to be the one put on Rubber Soul until a decision was made to do a remake. (thanks, Adrian - Wilmington, DE)
  • Back in the Beatles' early days, working at Abbey Road was expensive so rather than recording the song again, any small mistakes were frequently ignored. This explains why at around 1:20 on this track, if you listen carefully you can hear Paul McCartney dropping his tambourine.
  • The Muppets performed this on an early episode of The Muppet Show. The Halloween skit featured slightly transparent Muppet ghosts.
  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget