Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Michael Jackson Songs - She's Out of My Life Lyrics

She's Out of My Life Lyrics By Michael Jackson Songs Album: Off the Wall Year: 1980 She's out of my life She's out of my life And I don't know whether to l

Michael Jackson Songs - She's Out of My Life
Michael Jackson - She's Out of My Life


Michael Jackson - She's Out of My Life Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Off the Wall
Released: 1980

She's Out of My Life Lyrics


She's Out of My Life
She's out of my life
And I don't know whether to laugh or cry
I don't know whether to live or die
And it cuts like a knife
She's out of my life

It's out of my hands
It's out of my hands
To think for two years she was here
And I took her for granted I was so cavalier
Now the way that it stands
She's out of my hands

So I've learned that love's not possession
And I've learned that love won't wait
Now I've learned that love needs expression
But I learned too late

She's out of my life
She's out of my life
Damned indecision and cursed pride
Kept my love for her locked deep inside
And it cuts like a knife
She's out of my life

Writer/s: BAHLER, TOM
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

She's Out of My Life Song Chart
  • This heartfelt ballad was written by Tom Bahler. Though he dated Karen Carpenter (who would die of complications from anorexia in 1983), the song was not about the eventual demise of their romance. Bahler explained it was actually inspired by his breakup with his previous girlfriend, Rhonda Rivera.
  • Off the Wall producer Quincy Jones had been saving the track for Frank Sinatra but wanted to introduce Jackson to more mature themes in his music. The song would become famous for the King of Pop's tearful performance. Jones remembered: "She's Out of My Life, I'd been carrying around for about three years - you can feel the pain in it, you know. And I held on to it and finally something said 'this is the right moment to give it to Michael'.

    And when we recorded it with Michael, I know it was an experience he'd never even thought about to sing in a song, 'cause it's a very mature emotion. And he cried at the end of every take, you know. We recorded about - I don't know - 8-11 takes, and every one at the end, he just cried, and I said 'hey - that's supposed to be, leave it on there.'"
  • Bruce Gowers directed the stark music video that put Jackson's emotions front and center. He told Rolling Stone: "What you're seeing on there is one complete take, it was shot multi-camera. [This and 'Rock With You'] were both shot on the same day. I think we shot one at like three in the afternoon and one at 5… Very emotional he was in that. I was worried that he was actually going to break down and cry – which would have probably been a bit wonderful if we got some tears rolling down the face. That almost happened but not quite."
  • In his Moonwalk autobiography, Jackson explained that the song forced him to confront feelings of loneliness, of being "so rich in some experiences while being poor in moments of true joy."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget