Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Johnny Cash Songs - I Walk The Line Lyrics

I Walk The Line Lyrics By Johnny Cash Songs Album: Johnny Cash With His Hot And Blue Guitar Year: 1956 I keep a close watch on this heart of mine I keep m

Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line
Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line


Johnny Cash - I Walk The Line Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Johnny Cash With His Hot And Blue Guitar
Released: 1956

I Walk The Line Lyrics


I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I Walk The Line

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day's through
Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine, I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine, I walk the line

You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine, I walk the line

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line

Writer/s: RODNEY CROWELL, JOHNNY CASH
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I Walk The Line

  • One of his most famous songs, this song details Johnny Cash's values and lifestyle. It is a promise to remain faithful to his first wife, Vivian, while he is on the road.
  • "Walk The Line" was the title of the 2005 Cash biopic, starring Joaquin Phoenix as Cash and Reese Witherspoon as June Carter.
  • Carl Perkins suggested the title "I Walk The Line" while on tour with Cash.
  • Levi's used this in television commercials.
  • While performing the song on his TV show Cash admitted that his eerie hum at the beginning of each verse was to get his pitch. The song required Cash to change keys several times while singing it.
  • Recorded in April 1956, Cash's first #1 was sped up at the urging of Sun Studios owners Sam Phillips. Jack Clements, who worked with Cash, recalled to Uncut magazine April 2012: "I wasn't impressed with Cash at first, because I like recordings with class… And Cash seemed rough, but 'I Walk The line' was a class recording."
  • The Voice contestant Craig Wayne Boyd reached #84 on the Hot 100 following a November 24, 2014 performance of the song on the show where he reinterpreted it as a slow, soulful ballad. It was the tune's first appearance on the chart since Jaye P. Morgan's cover reached #66 in 1960.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget