Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Mike + the Mechanics Songs - All I Need Is A Miracle Lyrics

All I Need Is A Miracle Lyrics By Mike + the Mechanics Songs Album: Mike & The Mechanics Year: 1985 I said go if you want to go Stay if you want to stay I

Mike + the Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle
Mike + the Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle


Mike + the Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Mike & The Mechanics
Released: 1985

All I Need Is A Miracle Lyrics


I said go if you want to go
Stay if you want to stay
I didn't care if you hung around me
I didn't care if you went away
And I know you were never right
I'll admit I was never wrong
I could never make up my mind
I made it up as I went along

And though I treated you like a child
I'm gonna miss you for the rest of my life

All I Need Is A Miracle, all I need is you
All I need is a miracle, all I need is you
All I need is a miracle, all I need is you

I never had any time
And I never had any call
But I went out of my way just to hurt you
The one I shouldn't hurt at all
I thought I was being cool
Yeah, I thought I was being strong
But it's always the same old story
You never know what you've got 'til it's gone

If I ever catch up with you
I'm gonna love you for the rest of your life

All I need is a miracle, all I need is you
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is a miracle, all I need is you
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is a miracle, all I need is you

And if I ever catch up with you
I'm gonna love you for the rest of your life

All I need is a miracle, all I need is you
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is a miracle, all I need is you
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is a miracle, all I need is you
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is a, all I need is a
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is you
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is you (all I need is a miracle)
(All I need is a miracle, all I need is a miracle
(All I need is a miracle) all I need is a miracle
(All I need is a miracle)

Writer/s: MIKE RUTHERFORD (GB), CHRISTOPHER NEIL
Publisher: EMI Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Peermusic Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, IMAGEM MUSIC INC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

All I Need Is A Miracle
  • The "Mike" in Mike + the Mechanics is Mike Rutherford, best known for his work with Genesis. Every member of Genesis embarked on other projects, with the solo efforts of Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins getting the most attention, but Rutherford did very well with with Mike + the Mechanics, whose biggest hit came in 1989 with "The Living Years."
  • "If you write a great song, you want a great voice, and that voice isn't me," Mike Rutherford said in explaining why he didn't sing in the band.

    Rutherford used ex-Sad Cafe singer Paul Young (not to be confused with the Paul Young who sang "Every Time You Go Away"), for lead vocals on this track and three others from the album. Paul Carrack, known for his solo recordings and his work with Squeeze, sang on three other tracks. Young died in 2000 at age 53.
  • A track from Mike + the Mechanics first album, Mike Rutherford, who played guitar and bass on the song, wrote it with Christopher Neil, who produced the album. The song is about a guy who treated his girl horribly, and now wishes he had her back. It's a case of lyrical dissonance, as the jaunty beat belies the anguished storyline.
  • The video contains dialogue and follows a story arc where the band's manager needs a miracle to raise some cash so he can pay off a club owner. His shots are intercut with footage of the band performing at said club.

    The clip was directed by Jim Yukich, who did many of the Genesis videos.
  • In the UK, this made #53 when it was first released, but did better when it was re-released in 1996, placing at #27.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget