Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Beatles Songs - I Should Have Known Better Lyrics

I Should Have Known Better Lyrics By The Beatles Songs Album: A Hard Day's Night Year: 1964 I should have known better with a girl like you, That I would

The Beatles Songs - I Should Have Known Better
The Beatles - I Should Have Known Better


The Beatles - I Should Have Known Better Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos
Album: A Hard Day's Night
Released: 1964

I Should Have Known Better Lyrics


I Should Have Known Better with a girl like you,
That I would love everything that you do; and I do,
Hey, hey, hey, and I do.

Whoa, oh, I never realized what a kiss could be,
This could only happen to me
Can't you see, can't you see

That when I tell you that I love you, oh,
You're gonna say you love me too,
Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, oh
And when I ask you to be mine,
You're gonna say you love me too

So oh I should realized a lot of things before
If this is love you've got to give me more
Give me more, hey hey hey, give me more

Whoa, oh, I never realized what a kiss could be,
This could only happen to me
Can't you see, can't you see

That when I tell you that I love you, oh,
You're gonna say you love me too,
Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, oh
And when I ask you to be mine,
You're gonna say you love me too
You love me too, you love me too, you love me too

Writer/s: LENNON, JOHN / MCCARTNEY, PAUL
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I Should Have Known Better Song Chart
  • Composed by John Lennon, at first he "hammers the melody on the same note." (The Italian composer Monteverdi discovered the effect of hammering on the same note. He called the style "stile concitato"). Then comes the middle part in long notes. The middle part has a change of keynote, which is unusual with such a change in a middle part. And then the rise in falsetto. Typical of Lennon's songs, there is also a rise of excitement. When you think that the mood will cool a little - when you come to the middle part - the excitement instead increases. (thanks to Johan Cavalli, who is a music historian in Stockholm)
  • The Beatles performed this in their first movie, A Hard Day's Night. It was used in a scene where The Beatles sing it to a group of girls, one of which was played by an actress named Pattie Boyd. This was the first time George Harrison met her - he fell for her and married her a few years later. They divorced in 1977, and Pattie married Harrison's friend Eric Clapton in 1979. That marriage also ended in divorce, but along the way, Pattie inspired some of the most famous songs of all time, including The Beatles' "Something" and Clapton's "Layla."
  • This was done in three takes on Tuesday, February 25, 1964. But it didn't end there - they completely remade it the next day. The take you hear on record is Take 22. (thanks, Ben - Cheverly, MD)
  • John Lennon's vocal was double-tracked to make it stand out.
  • This was released as the B-side of "A Hard Day's Night."
  • Lennon played the harmonica solo.
  • McCartney played a 12-string electric guitar on this track. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)
  • At first, Lennon was proud of the composition, and said in 1964 that the song was one of the three best songs in the film A Hard Days Night. Later on he lost his self-confidence as a lyricist, and would often slag off his own songs as meaningless. He said in 1980 that "I Should Have Known Better" is, "just a song, it doesn't mean a damn thing."
  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget