Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Beatles Songs - It Won't Be Long Lyrics

It Won't Be Long Lyrics By The Beatles Songs Album: With The Beatles Year: 1963 It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah It won'

The Beatles Songs - It Won't Be Long
The Beatles - It Won't Be Long


The Beatles - It Won't Be Long Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos
Album: With The Beatles
Released: 1963

It Won't Be Long Lyrics


It Won't Be Long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, till I belong to you

Every night when everybody has fun
Here am I sitting all on my own

It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, till I belong to you

Since you left me, I'm so alone
Now you're coming, you're coming on home
I'll be good like I know I should
You're coming home, you're coming home

Every night the tears come down from my eyes
Every day I've done nothing but cry

It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, till I belong to you

Since you left me, I'm so alone
Now you're coming, you're coming on home
I'll be good like I know I should
You're coming home, you're coming home

So every day we'll be happy I know
Now I know that you won't leave me no more

It won't be long yeah, yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, yeah
It won't be long yeah, till I belong to you, woo

Writer/s: LENNON, JOHN / MCCARTNEY, PAUL
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

It Won't Be Long Song Chart
  • In a 1980 interview with Playboy, John Lennon said that after some London critic remarked that "It Won't Be Long" contained "Aeolian cadences," their popularity increased because they attracted the brainy set. Lennon confesses that to this day, he has no idea what an "Aeolian cadence" is. The Aeolian is also known as the natural minor scale, beginning on A.
  • This song has been covered by House of Heroes on a Beatles' cover album, and also by Franz Ferdinand, The Quick, Richard Thompson, and the Beatles tribute supergroup Yellow Matter Custard - who are named after a line from "I Am The Walrus."
  • This song repeats the distinctive "yeah, yeah" chorus first popularized in "She Loves You." In "It Won't Be Long," the "yeah" shows up 56 times.
  • The wordplay here between "belong" and "be long" was explained by Paul McCartney: "I was doing literature at school, so I was interested in plays on words and onomatopoeia. John didn't do literature but he was quite well read, so he was interested in that kind of thing. Like the double meaning of 'please' in a line like 'Please, lend a little ear to my pleas' that we used in Please Please Me. We'd spot the double meaning. I think everyone did, by the way, it was not just the genius of us! In 'It won't be long till I belong to you' it was that same trip. We both liked to try and get a bit of double meaning in, so that was the high spot of writing that particular song. John mainly sang it so I expect that it was his original idea but we both sat down and wrote it together."

    Another Beatles song to use "be long" repeatedly is "Blue Jay Way."
  • This was the first song Neil Young performed for an audience. He played it at his high school cafeteria.
  • John Lennon's vocal was double-tracked to make it stand out.
  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget