Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Keith Urban Songs - Shame Lyrics

Shame Lyrics By Keith Urban Songs Album: Fuse Year: 2013 What you heard is true The disappointing truth Is I don't like to lose Shame on me, shame on me

Keith Urban - Shame
Keith Urban - Shame


Keith Urban - Shame Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Fuse
Released: 2013

Shame Lyrics


What you heard is true
The disappointing truth
Is I don't like to lose
Shame on me, shame on me

Promises I made
And bills I never paid
Another missed birthday
Shame on me, shame on me

Bridges that I burned
And lovers that I hurt
Lessons never learned
Shame on me, shame on me

Hey, I'm not tryin to be perfect
Its not like its worth it
Everyone hurts the same
Hey, I'm not tryin to be special
'Cause I ain't no angel
Everyone hurts the same
What a shame

I repeat my words
Sometimes they seem rehearsed
And I speak out of turn
Shame on me, shame on me

Bridges that I burned
And lovers that I hurt
Lessons never learned
Shame on me, shame on me

Hey, I'm not tryin to be perfect
Its not like its worth it
Everyone hurts the same
Hey, I'm not tryin to be special
'Cause I ain't no angel
Everyone hurts the same
What a shame

That were hiding underneath our skin
And were scared of letting somebody in
Nobody showed us how to live
Or how to be perfect
Its not like its worth it

Hey, I'm not tryin to be perfect
Its not like its worth it
Everyone hurts the same
Hey, I'm not tryin to be special
'Cause I ain't no angel
Everyone hurts the same
What a shame

Hey, I'm not tryin to be perfect
Its not like its worth it
Everyone hurts the same
Hey, I'm not tryin to be special
'Cause I ain't no angel
Everyone hurts the same
What a shame

Writer/s: ROSS GOLAN, TOR ERIK HERMANSEN, MIKKEL ERIK, BENJAMIN LEVIN, JUSTIN PARKER, DANIEL THOMAS OMELIO, AMMAR MALIK
Publisher: Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Shame
  • This Fuse cut was a collaborative effort between a number of top-ranking songwriters. They were:

    Norwegian producers Stargate (Rihanna's "Diamonds," Katy Perry's "Firework")

    American hitmaker Benny Blanco (Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl," Kesha's "TiK ToK")

    Pakistani-American songwriter Ammar Malik (Marron 5's "Moves Like Jagger," Gym Class Heroes "Stereo Hearts")

    New York City producer RoboPop (Maroon 5's "Payphone")

    Illinois songsmith Ross Golan (Justin Bieber's "Take You")

    English songwriter Justin Parker (Rihanna's "Stay")
  • Urban told Suzanne Alexander on GAC's Daily Countdown that the song particularly spoke to him. "We're talking about the human condition, which is universal," he said. "I heard the song and I was just, 'I know that guy.' I've been that guy, you know. The chorus starts, 'I'm not trying to be perfect, I'm just trying to do the next right thing in my life.'"
  • Urban recalled that after recording his vocal for this song with Stargate in New York, he indicated that he would lay down some back-up harmonies, "But Tor Hermansen of Stargate, stopped me," the singer added, "and he said, 'No, not on this song—you sing one vocal, top to bottom, storytelling. Pure, honest, true, no other singers, just you.' And I went, 'Gosh, you're so right.' It was a very raw, naked vocal, and if ever there was a song that needed to be left alone, it was this one."
  • Urban commented during a Q&A at New York's Apple Store in Soho that it was the first time a banjo had been brought in on a Stargate session.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget