Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Soundgarden Songs - Rusty Cage Lyrics

Rusty Cage Lyrics By Soundgarden Songs Album: Badmotorfinger Year: 1991 You wired me awake And hit me with a hand of broken nails You tied my lead and pul

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
Soundgarden - Rusty Cage


Soundgarden - Rusty Cage Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Badmotorfinger
Released: 1991

Rusty Cage Lyrics


You wired me awake
And hit me with a hand of broken nails
You tied my lead and pulled my chain
To watch my blood begin t boil

But I'm gonna break
I'm gonna break my
I'm gonna break my Rusty Cage and run

Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs

I'm gonna break
I'm gonna break my
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run

Hits like a Phillips head
Into my brain
It's gonna be too dark
To sleep again
Cutting my teeth on bars
And rusty chains, I'm gonna break my
Rusty cage and run

When the forest burns
Along the road
Like God's eyes
In my headlights
When the dogs are looking
For their bones
And it's raining icepicks
On your steel shore

I'm gonna break
I'm gonna break my
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run

Writer/s: CHRIS CORNELL
Publisher: BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Rusty Cage
  • This Chris Cornell penned song was released as the third single from Soundgarden's third studio album, Badmotorfinger. The song became an instant hit peaking at #41 in the UK and also gained considerable airtime on American alternative rock radio stations.
  • Guitarist Kim Thayil said in Guitar School, May 1994: "The tuning on that song was pretty nutty. It's recorded with a wah wah in the low position used as a filter. That was the first time we did anything like that. It was Chris's idea; he wanted to get that weird tone that you can't really dial in on an amp. But if you use the wah wah as a filter, it gets an incredibly weird sound. And if you listen to that riff, especially if you've heard the original demos of it, it almost sounds backward."
  • The song was covered by Johnny Cash on his 1996 album, Unchained, which won a Grammy Award for Best Country Album. Asked by The Irish Times why he thought Cash covered the song, bassist Ben Shepherd replied: "Probably because they're bad-ass, truthful, lyrics. Chris is a great writer and Johnny could probably relate to that. Johnny always talked about, if you read his books, how a singer has to sound like they're telling the truth. It's all about the truth. If you mean it then it sounds right. If you don't mean it it's a schlock thing (and) you tell it a mile away."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget