Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Beatles Songs - From Me to You Lyrics

From Me to You Lyrics By The Beatles Songs Album: The Beatles' Hits Year: 1963 Da da da, da da dumb dumb da Da da da, da da dumb dumb da If there's anythin

The Beatles Songs - From Me to You
The Beatles - From Me to You


The Beatles - From Me to You Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos
Album: The Beatles' Hits
Released: 1963

From Me to You Lyrics


Da da da, da da dumb dumb da
Da da da, da da dumb dumb da
If there's anything that you want
If there's anything I can do
Just call on me and I'll send it along
With love, From Me to You

I've got everything that you want
Like a heart that's oh so true
Just call on me and I'll send it along
With love, from me to you

I've got arms that long to hold you
And keep you by my side
I've got lips that long to kiss you
And keep you satisfied (oh)

If there's anything that you want
If there's anything I can do
Just call on me and I'll send it along
With love, from me to you

From me
To you
Just call on me and I'll send it along
With love, from me to you

I've got arms that long to hold you
And keep you by my side
I've got lips that long to kiss you
And keep you satisfied (oh)

If there's anything that you want
If there's anything I can do
Just call on me and I'll send it along
With love, from me to you
To you
To you
To you

Writer/s: LENNON, JOHN / MCCARTNEY, PAUL
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group, ROUND HILL MUSIC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

From Me to You Song Chart
  • The title was taken from a letters column that ran in a popular British music newspaper called The New Musical Express (the NME). The column was called "From You to Us."

    When this same newspaper refered to "From Me to You" as "Below-par Beatles," it upset John Lennon, who talked about it in his last print interview before his death when he told Rolling Stone: "Maybe it wasn't as good as 'Please Please Me,' but below par? I'll never forget that one. That's when I first realized you've got to keep it up, there's some sort of system where you get on the wheel and you've got to keep going around."
  • In 1963, Del Shannon became the first American to cover a Beatles song when he recorded a version of "From Me to You." The Beatles version was released first (May 6, 1963), but Shannon's version was the first to chart, when it entered on June 29, eventually peaking at #77. It wasn't until the first week of August that The Beatles version "bubbled under" on the Billboard charts, and it wasn't until the song was rereleased in February 1964 during the peak of Beatlemania that it cracked the Hot 100, going to #41 in the States.

    As for Del Shannon, his career waned when The Beatles and other British groups came to the US, and he was never able to regain the popularity he had in 1961, when he had a hit with "Runaway." Suffering from depression, he killed himself in 1990.
  • This was the first song to feature The Beatles falsetto "whoooo." This was a big part of many of their early hits, including "I Want To Hold Your Hand." Paul McCartney learned the "whoooo" from listening to Little Richard.
  • This was rewritten and used as a theme song for a radio program featuring the Beatles called "From Us to You." It ran in England from December 1963 to June 1965.
  • John Lennon and Paul McCartney wrote this on a bus while The Beatles were touring with Helen Shapiro, a 16-year-old who was more popular in America at the time then they were. They wrote the song as a message to The Beatles' fans.
  • This song was released as an A-side single in the UK (the B-side was "Thank You Girl"). In the US, it was released as the B-side of "Please Please Me." The song didn't appear on an album until after The Beatles broke up.
  • This was one of the songs The Beatles performed on The Ed Sullivan Show when they came to America in February 1964. This was the start of Beatlemania in America, and it got a big boost from the show, which had an enormous audience. The Beatles played it on their second appearance, which came a week after their first.
  • Structurally, this is an unusual song as it is in a major chord (C), but ends on a minor (A minor). This was very rare in the world of pop music. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)
  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget