Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Bob Dylan Songs - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right Lyrics

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right Lyrics By Bob Dylan Songs Album: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan Year: 1963 Well it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe

Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Righ
Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right


Bob Dylan - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Released: 1963

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right Lyrics


Well it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
Ifin' you don't know by now
An' it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
It'll never do some how
When your rooster crows at the break a dawn
Look out your window and I'll be gone
You're the reason I'm trav'lin' on
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right

And it ain't no use in a-turnin' on your light, babe
The light I never knowed
An' it ain't no use in turnin' on your light, babe
I'm on the dark side of the road
But I wish there was somethin' you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
We never did too much talkin' anyway
But don't think twice, it's all right

No it ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal
Like you never done before
And it ain't no use in callin' out my name, gal
I can't hear ya any more
I'm a-thinkin' and a-wond'rin' wallkin' way down the road
I once loved a woman, a child I am told
I give her my heart but she wanted my soul
But don't think twice, it's all right

So long honey babe
Where I'm bound, I can't tell
Goodbye is too good a word, babe
So I just say fare thee well
I ain't sayin' you treated me unkind
You could have done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don't think twice, it's all right

Writer/s: BOB DYLAN
Publisher: BOB DYLAN MUSIC CO
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right Song Chart
  • Dylan said of this track: "A lot of people make it sort of a love song - slow and easygoing. But it isn't a love song. It's a statement that maybe you can say something to make yourself feel better. It's as if you were talking to yourself." (thanks, Will - Annapolis, MD)
  • Dylan wrote this after his girlfriend Suze Rotolo went off to Italy to study at the University of Perugia and left him in New York. Dylan re-imagined their separation here as him leaving her. Rotolo can be seen walking with Dylan on the cover of the The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan album. An artist and civil rights activist, Rotolo died on February 24, 2011 at age 67.
  • Peter, Paul and Mary recorded this in 1963 shortly after Dylan.
  • In 1965, The Four Seasons released this as a single at a time when lead singer Frankie Valli had a major solo hit ("Can't Take My Eyes Off of You") and the group was at its peak of popularity (about the time that "Let's Hang On" hit the Top 10). This was released as a joke and to see if the group could have a hit without the Four Seasons name on it, so they released this under the name "Wonder Who." Despite an unknown band name, it was still a hit, going to #12 in the US. Two "Wonder Who" singles were released by Philips Records (1966's "On the Good Ship Lollipop"/"You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You" and 1967's "Lonesome Road"), but this was the Wonder Who's only chart record. After it was released, Vee Jay Records repackaged two previously released Four Seasons songs, "My Sugar" and "Peanuts," and released them as a Wonder Who? single, which sank without a trace. The picture sleeve of "Don't Think Twice" had a connect-the-dots pattern hinting at "We are your favorites." The sleeve for "On the Good Ship Lollipop" had jumbled cut-up Four Seasons pictures. Popular lore has Frankie Valli's lead vocal giving the joke away, but it wasn't the case - it was the backing vocals.
  • Regarding the lyrics, "When your rooster crows at the break of dawn, look out your window, and I'll be gone," Rotolo explained in her memoir that they used to live near a poultry supplier in their Greenwich Village apartment. They would sometimes stay up all night and hear the roosters crowing at the break of dawn.
  • Kesha performed a version for the 2011 charity album, Chimes of Freedom: Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International. She said of the emotional recording session: "I was weeping, you can hear it. We just used that recording. We didn't record it into a professional microphone, nothing. I tried to sing it a few times but that magic was really in this first, genuine, distraught, emotional take that you guys are going to hear on the record."
  • This was covered by Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard on their 2015 Django & Jimmie album. Haggard told Uncut: "We wanted to do a Dylan song and that was something we both knew."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget