Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Protomartyr Songs - Maidenhead Lyrics

Maidenhead Lyrics By Protomartyr Songs Album: Under Color of Official Right Year: 2014 Lyrics: Not Found Available: Maidenhead Youtube Music Video

Protomartyr - Maidenhea
Protomartyr - Maidenhead


Protomartyr - Maidenhead Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Under Color of Official Right
Released: 2014

Maidenhead Lyrics


Maidenhead Song Chart
  • Maidenhead is a town that lies just south of the River Thames, 25 miles from London. Its riverside location has drawn many celebrities to live there. So why did Detroit punk band Protomartyr record a song about the English place?

    Vocalist Joe Casey told NME the track was inspired by writer Patrick Hamilton's book Hangover Square about a London-based drunk who wishes he could live in Maidenhead but after finally getting there he finds it to be as depressing as everywhere else he's ever been. He explained: "I like the way he describes the periods of dead moods this guy has, and I kind of latched onto that in a good way. I think in Detroit a lot of people think, 'If I didn't live in Detroit my whole life would be so much better', and after traveling around a little bit I can see that no matter where I am I'm still the same guy – so there's no Maidenhead out there for me."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget