Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

America Songs - Sister Golden Hair Lyrics

Sister Golden Hair Lyrics By America Songs Album: Hearts Year: 1975 Well I tried to make it Sunday, but I got so damn depressed That I set my sights on Mo

America - Sister Golden Hai
America - Sister Golden Hair


America - Sister Golden Hair Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Hearts
Released: 1975

Sister Golden Hair Lyrics


Well I tried to make it Sunday, but I got so damn depressed
That I set my sights on Monday and I got myself undressed
I ain't ready for the altar but I do agree there's times
When a woman sure can be a friend of mine

Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you, Sister Golden Hair surprise
And I just can't live without you; can't you see it in my eyes?
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind

Will you meet me in the middle, will you meet me in the air?
Will you love me just a little, just enough to show you care?
Well I tried to fake it, I don't mind sayin', I just can't make it

Well, I keep on thinkin' 'bout you, Sister Golden Hair surprise
And I just can't live without you; can't you see it in my eyes?
Now I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find
But it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind

Will you meet me in the middle, will you meet me in the air?
Will you love me just a little, just enough to show you care?
Well I tried to fake it, I don't mind sayin', I just can't make it

Doo wop doo wop ...

Writer/s: BECKLEY, GERRY
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Sister Golden Hair
  • Dewey Bunnell and Gerry Beckley are the primary songwriters in America - both also sing and play a variety of instruments.

    "Sister Golden Hair" was written and sung by Beckley, who says that it was based on a composite of different girls. When asked if it was written to anyone, Beckley said: "No, this is all poetic license. With 'Sister Golden Hair,' as far as my folks were concerned, I was writing a song about my sister, and I couldn't quite fathom it; they must not have listened to the lyrics." (thanks, Brett - Edmonton, Canada)
  • In our interview with Gerry Beckley , he explained that he made a demo of this song before America recorded their fourth album, Holiday, but he was happy with the songs they chose for that album so "Sister Golden Hair" sat on the shelf for a year, making the cut for their next album, Hearts.

    "I can't really tell you if it was a lack of faith in the song or not, but it was interesting to see," he said. "It shows you that songs can have a life of their own - they might just need the right time and circumstances to surface."
  • This song was used in a bloody scene in a 2001 episode of the TV series The Sopranos. It also appears in the movies Cherish (2002), Radio (2003) and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane (2006).
  • George Martin, who was The Beatles producer, produced this track and the rest of the Hearts album (he started working with America on their previous album, Holiday). It was Martin's 20th US #1 as a producer, and his first away from The Beatles. He would have three more: "Ebony and Ivory," "Say Say Say" and "Candle In The Wind."
  • Phil Hartman, who was a graphic designer before his star turn in Saturday Night Live, designed the cover to the Hearts album.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget