Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Ed Sheeran Songs - Thinking Out Loud Lyrics

Thinking Out Loud Lyrics By Ed Sheeran Songs Album: x Year: 2014 When your legs don't work like they used to before And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Lou
Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud


Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: x
Released: 2014

Thinking Out Loud Lyrics


When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm Thinking Out Loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

(Ah la la, la la la, la la la, la la la la)

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

Writer/s: SHEERAN, ED / WADGE, AMY
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, THE ROYALTY NETWORK INC., SONY ATV MUSIC PUB LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Thinking Out Loud
  • This soulful song finds Sheeran tipping the hat to his key teenage influence, Van Morrison. "No one's really channeled Van Morrison for a long time," he pointed out to Q magazine. "Everyone always channels, Michael Jackson and the Beatles and Bob Dylan, and I feel like Van Morrison is a key figure in the music that I make."
  • Sheeran wrote this love song about his girlfriend at the time, Athina Andrelos, who worked for English celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. The pair split up in early 2015 after dating for about a year.
  • Ed Sheeran wrote this with the Bristol singer-songwriter Amy Wadge, whom he previously worked with on his 2010 EP, Songs I Wrote With Amy. Another of their collaborations, "Even My Dad Does Sometimes," can be found on the deluxe version of x.

    Sheeran revealed to The Mirror that their song-writing session was held as a favor to his childhood friend to help her deal with financial issues. "[Amy] was going through financial troubles about a year ago," he said. "She drove to my house – my album was nearly done – and she asked if I could put a song from when I was 17 on the deluxe album, so she could get a little bit of money and pay the mortgage and bills and stuff."

    "While she was there, we wrote 'Thinking Out Loud'," he added. "Now she never has to worry about money again."
  • The romantic ballad was the last song that Sheeran wrote for x. He penned it in his kitchen.
  • The song's music video was directed by Emil Nava, who also filmed the clip for "Sing." The visual features Sheeran and his partner Brittany Cherry ballroom dancing and was shot all at once in 16 mm film. "I wanted the video to be a little different, so I opted for ballroom dancing," he explained when the video was released in October 2014. "I had lessons for five hours a day when I was on my US tour last month."

    Brittany Cherry was a contestant on Season 10 of the American TV dance competition So You Think You Can Dance. She is formally trained in ballroom, ballet, jazz, Latin and contemporary dance.
  • This topped the UK singles charts in its 19th week, after an exhilarating performance of the tune by Sheeran on the X Factor live show. In doing so the song broke the record for the slowest continual climb to #1, overtaking the 16-week ascent of Jennifer Rush's "The Power Of Love" and Celine Dion's "Think Twice."
  • The song broke the UK record for the most streams in a chart week when it was streamed 1.72 million streams in the week ending November 22, 2014.

    The record was broken a month later by Mark Ronson's "Uptown Funk," which achieved 2.34 million streams in the pre-Christmas week.
  • Ed Sheeran wanted to look good for the video, so he lost 35 pounds, mainly by giving up beer.
  • Sheeran performed this at the Grammy Awards in 2015 backed by John Mayer on guitar, Questlove on drums, and Herbie Hancock on keyboards (Sheeran later joined Electric Light Orchestra on "Mr. Blue Sky"). X was nominated for Album Of The Year, but lost to Morning Phase by Beck.
  • This spent eight weeks at #2 on the Hot 100 behind Mark Ronson's "Uptown Funk" without ever reaching the peak position. Missy Elliott's "Work It" and Foreigner's "Waiting For A Girl Like You" hold the joint record for the most weeks peaked at the runner-up spot: ten apiece.
  • With electronic music ruling the airwaves, this was one of the few hit songs of its time with a guitar solo (played by Chris Leonard), which is near the end of the song in place of a bridge. Running 4:41, it was also very long by 2014 hit song standards, although this extra time makes the song more appealing as a first dance wedding number.
  • The song made history by becoming the first to spend a full year inside the UK Top 40. Pharrell Williams' "Happy" was the previous record holder, having spent 49 consecutive weeks on the Top 40.
  • This picked up the award for Song of the Year at the Grammys in 2016. Stevie Wonder presented the award, opening the envelope and reading the card in braille before saying, "I told my daughter Iesha this was a great song when I first heard it, and it has won tonight."

    When Sheeran collected the award with Amy Wadge, he said, "We wrote it on a couch in my house after having dinner. Quite odd." He also thanked his parents for flying to the ceremony each of the previous three years, only to see Ed come away empty-handed. When Sheeran turned the mic over to Wadge, however, producers didn't let her get a word in before rolling a Glenn Frey tribute.

    The song also won for Best Solo Pop Performance, but lost Record of the Year to "Uptown Funk."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget