Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Jessie Ware Songs - Tough Love Lyrics

Tough Love Lyrics By Jessie Ware Songs Album: Tough Love Year: 2014 It’s a really good sign that you hope my mind is true And I’ve been thinking of wh

Jessie Ware - Tough Lov
Jessie Ware - Tough Love


Jessie Ware - Tough Love Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Tough Love
Released: 2014

Tough Love Lyrics


It’s a really good sign that you hope my mind is true
And I’ve been thinking of what to say all night to you
So you wanna be a man about it, do you?
And have you figured out all you wanted, have you?

When your heart becomes a million different pieces
That's when you won't be able to recognize this feeling

That’s called Tough Love
That’s called tough love
That’s called tough love
That’s called tough love

In the middle of the night all I think about is you
I dream in all your clouds of glory, it's true
So you wanna be a man about it, do you have to?
And have you figured out all you wanted, have you?

When your heart becomes a million different pieces
That's when you won't be able to recognize this feeling

That’s called tough love (tough love)
That’s called tough love (tough love)
That’s called tough love (tough love)
That’s called tough love (tough love)

You have me crying out, crying out for more
You have me crying out, crying out for more
You have me crying out, crying out for more
You have me crying out, crying out for more

That’s called tough love (tough love)
That’s called tough love (tough love)
That’s called tough love (tough love)
That’s called tough love (tough love)

Writer/s: ASH, BENJAMIN ROSS / BLANCO, BENNY / WARE, JESSIE
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd., Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Tough Love
  • This song was recorded in New York and written by Ware with the production duo BenZel. Speaking about the track, Ware said: "I had just finished a run of shows in the States and went to New York to work with BenZel for a couple weeks, mainly as a different focus to touring. I didn't have any expectations or pressures with what would come out of those two weeks, and think 'Tough Love' sums this up. It was me experimenting with my voice and having fun with it. It just felt right and kind of dictated the route of the next album, much like 'Devotion' did on my first album."
  • BenZel is a production duo consisting of London electro musician Ben Ash, who operates as Two Inch Punch (Sam Smith's "Money On My Mind") and hitmaker Benny Blanco (Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl," Kesha's "TiK ToK," Bruno Mars' "Grenade," Maroon 5's "Maps.")
  • Ware's lyrics were inspired by the trails of maintaining a long-term relationship with her fiancée while touring round the world. "It's not always easy being away from the person that I love so much, but I'm also doing something that I really, really love," she told Pitchfork . "It's realistic that it's not always real easy."
  • The song's music video was directed by Alex Lee and Kyle Wightman of BRTHR Films. According to Radio.com , the clip places Jessie Ware in positions that loosely recreate several well known paintings. The shot of the singer on the grass, for instance, is a visual take of John William Waterhouse's 1889 artistic masterpiece Ophelia and the dark trench coat that Ware wears with blue sky and white clouds in the background recreates René Magritte's 1964 artwork The Son of Man.
  • Ware told MTV UK this was one of those tunes that was made in the moment. "This song really represents a lazy Wednesday afternoon in May in New York, and me not overthinking," she said. "Just creating a mood. The vocal that you hear on it is a demo vocal, so there's a weariness in my voice."
  • Asked by HMV.com why she titled her second album after this song, Ware replied, "I think I always knew that would be the title. I like titles to be song titles and this was a song that I really wanted the album to feel like."
  • The black and white CD cover photo shows Ware looking out a window in Brooklyn, which was the place where the album started.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget