Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Otis Redding Songs - That's How Strong My Love Is Lyrics

That's How Strong My Love Is Lyrics By Otis Redding Songs Album: The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads Year: 1965 If I was the sun way up there I'd go

Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love I
Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is


Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads
Released: 1965

That's How Strong My Love Is Lyrics


If I was the sun way up there
I'd go with love most everywhere
I'll be the moon when the sun goes down
Just to let you know that I'm still around

That's How Strong My Love Is, whoa
That's how strong my love is
That's how strong my love is, baby, baby
That's how strong my love is

I'll be the weeping willow drowning in my tears
And you can go swimming when you're here
And I'll be the rainbow after the tears are gone
Wrap you in my colors and keep you warm

That's how strong my love is, darling
That's how strong my love is, baby
That's how strong my love is, whoa
That's how strong my love is

I'll be the ocean so deep and wide
And catch the tears whenever you cry
I'll be the breeze after the storm is gone
To dry your eyes and love you warm

That's how strong my love is, baby
That's how strong my love is
That's how strong my love is, darling
That's how strong my love is, again now

That's how strong my love is, so deep in
Well, that's how strong my love is
So much love, yes so much love, whoa
Yes so much love, yes so much love
Anything that I can do, I'll be good for you
Any kind of love you want, I'll be with you

Writer/s: WEATHERSPOON, WILLIAM HENRY / BOND, ANGELO
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

That's How Strong My Love Is
  • This was written by Memphis hospital worker Roosevelt Jamison, and was originally recorded by O.V. Wright on a small local label.
  • Redding recorded this and released it as single immediately before his first Top 40 hit "I've Been Loving You Too Long (to Stop Now)." (thanks, Brad Wind - Miami, FL, for above 2)
  • The Rolling Stones, who were big fans of Redding and recorded many Blues and Soul covers in their early years, recorded this in 1965 and released it on their Out Of Our Heads album. Redding reciprocated by recording a version of The Stones "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction." (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)
  • Former Simply Red lead singer, Mick Hucknall, covered the tune in 2013 for the lead single from his debut album, American Soul. Hucknall told Billboard magazine that he's known the song all his life, beginning with Redding's version, but he also has an affinity for later covers. "The song never seemed to go away and I was reminded of it over the years by covers of it from the likes of Candi Staton and the Stones," he said "I guess its power and universal appeal lies in the simplicity of its message. What I like about our version is the modern production Andy Wright has given it and the driving rhythm which makes it great to sing and to perform live."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget