Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Shirelles Songs - Dedicated to the One I Love Lyrics

Dedicated to the One I Love Lyrics By The Shirelles Songs Album: Original Golden Hits Year: 1961 This is dedicated to the one I love While I'm far away fr

The Shirelles - Dedicated to the One I Lov
The Shirelles - Dedicated to the One I Love


The Shirelles - Dedicated to the One I Love Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Original Golden Hits
Released: 1961

Dedicated to the One I Love Lyrics


This is Dedicated to the One I Love
While I'm far away from you my baby
I know it's hard for you my baby
Because it's hard for me my baby
And the darkest hour is just before dawn
Each night before you go to bed my baby
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby
And tell all the stars above

This is dedicated to the one I love
Life can never be exactly like we want it to be
I can be satisfied just knowing that you love me
There's one thing I want you to do especially for me
And it's something that everybody needs
Each night before you go to bed my baby
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby
And tell all the stars above

This is dedicated to the one I love
This is dedicated to the one I love

Writer/s: RALPH BASS, LOWMAN PAULING
Publisher: CARLIN AMERICA INC, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Dedicated to the One I Love
  • This was originally recorded by the North Carolina vocal group The 5 Royales in 1958. The Shirelles' version was the hit; it first peaked at #83 in 1959, but when it was re-released in 1961 it went to #3.
  • The 5 Royales guitarist Lowman Pauling wrote this song along with the group's producer, Ralph Bass.
  • The Mamas and The Papas released their version in 1967. (thanks, Chantal - Liverpool, Canada)
  • Normally, Shirley Owens Alston was the Shirelles' lead singer. However, on this song, Doris Coley Kenner sang lead. (thanks, Jerro - New Alexandria, PA)
  • When The 5 Royales were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2015, no members of the group were still alive. At the ceremony, the soul singer Leon Bridges performed this song in an "In Memoriam" segment honoring musicians that had recently died.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget