Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Vogues Songs - Five O'Clock World Lyrics

Five O'Clock World Lyrics By The Vogues Songs Album: The Vogues' Greatest Hits Year: 1965 Up ev'ry morning just to keep a job I gotta fight my way through

The Vogues - Five O'Clock Worl
The Vogues - Five O'Clock World


The Vogues - Five O'Clock World Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: The Vogues' Greatest Hits
Released: 1965

Five O'Clock World Lyrics


Up ev'ry morning just to keep a job
I gotta fight my way through the hustling mob,
Sounds of the city pounding in my brain
While another day goes down the drain.
But it's a Five O'Clock World when the whistle blows,
No one owns a piece of my time.
And there's a five o'clock me inside my clothes,
Thinking that the world looks fine. Yeah! Adalee!

Trading my time for the pay I get
Living on the money that I ain't made yet,
Gotta keep goin' gotta make my way
But I live for the end of the day.
'Cause it's a five o'clock world when the whistle blows,
No one owns a piece of my time.
And there's a long haired girl who waits, I know,
To ease my troubled mind. Yeah! Adalee!

In the shelter of her arms ev'rything's o.k.
She talks and the world goes slipping away,
And I know the reason I can still go on
When ev'ry other reason is gone.
In my five o'clock world she waits for me,
Nothing else matters at all.
'Cause ev'ry time my baby smiles at me,
I know that it's all worthwhile, yeah

Writer/s: Reynolds, Allen
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Five O'Clock World
  • In this song, the singer works hard all day to earn a living, but he comes alive at 5 O'Clock - quitting time.

    The Vogues were a vocal quartet from Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania. This is their best-known song, but they placed three others in the US Top 10: "You're The One" (#4, 1965), "Turn Around, Look At Me" (#7, 1968), and "My Special Angel" (#7, 1968, also a #1 Adult Contemporary hit).
  • This was used as the opening of The Drew Carey Show for the first few seasons, later the intro theme was changed to "Cleveland Rocks". (thanks, Gene - Hammond, IN)
  • This song was written by Allen Reynolds, who went on to great success as Garth Brooks' record producer. (thanks, Travis - Los Angeles, CA)
  • This was recorded in Nashville at RCA Studio B, which is where Roy Orbison, Dolly Parton, the Everly Brothers, and hundreds of others put down tracks. The musicians on the session were transplants from FAME Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, which was just becoming a musical mecca. David Briggs (keyboards), Jerry Carrigan (drums) and Norbert Putnam (bass) were some of the musicians on the session.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget