Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Radiohead Songs - 2+2=5 Lyrics

2+2=5 Lyrics By Radiohead Songs Album: Hail To The Thief Year: 2003 Are you such a dreamer To put the world to rights I'll stay home forever Where two and

Radiohead - 2+2=5
Radiohead - 2+2=5


Radiohead - 2+2=5 Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Hail To The Thief
Released: 2003

2+2=5 Lyrics


Are you such a dreamer
To put the world to rights
I'll stay home forever
Where two and two always makes a five

I'll lay down the tracks
Sandbag and hide
January has April showers
And two and two always makes a five

It's the devil's way now
There is no way out
You can scream and you can shout
It is too late now

Because you're not there
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention

Yeah I feel it, I needed attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention

Yeah I need it, I needed attention
I needed attention
I needed attention
I needed attention

Yeah I love it, the attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Payin' attention
Soon oh

I try to sing along
But the music's all wrong
'Cause I'm not
'Cause I'm not

I'll swallow up flies?
Back and hide
But I'm not

Oh hail to the thief
Oh hail to the thief
But I'm not
But I'm not
But I'm not
But I'm not

Don't question my authority or put me in the box
'Cause I'm not
'Cause I'm not

Oh go up to the king, and the sky is falling in
But it's not
But it's not
Maybe not
Maybe not

Writer/s: YORKE, THOMAS EDWARD/SELWAY, PHILIP JAMES/O'BRIEN, EDWARD JOHN/GREENWOOD, JONATHAN RICHARD GUY/GREENWOOD, COLIN CHARLES
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

2+2=5
  • This is about things not necessarily being as they seem: January having April showers, two and two making a five, the term "hail to the thief" instead of "hail to the chief."
  • The first sound of the song is Jonny Greenwood plugging in his guitar. It was the very first sound that was recorded when Radiohead went into the studio to record Hail To The Thief.
  • The name of the album comes from this song. It is a reference to George Bush "stealing" the 2000 US Election.
  • The intro to this song is in 7/4 time.
  • There was two versions of this single: one came with "Remyxamatosis" (a remix of Myxamatosis, unsurprisingly) and a demo of "There, There." The second came with "Skttrbrain (Four Tet Remix)" (a remix of Scatterbrain), and "I Will (Los Angeles Version)." Radiohead took to releasing singles on 2 CDs - an EP (Extended Play) disc and a full-length album.
  • Each track on Hail To The Thief has an alternate name. The alternate name of this is "The Lukewarm." (thanks, rudi - melbourne, Australia, for all above)
  • Almost exactly at 2:25 (2 + 2 = 5), the beat of the song changes into the one the song finishes on. (thanks, Josh - Fountain, NC)
  • In an interview with New York magazine, guitarist Ed O'Brien talked about the unusual time signature used in this song: "One of the things that marks our band - that Thom and Jonny used to drive home all the time - is sounding different. You can do it through stuff like using unusual intervals on harmonies [in songs like "2 + 2 = 5"]. The trouble with a lot of Rock music is that people are still doing their Beatles and their Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young harmonies. You can't just keep making replications of those things."
  • According to Q magazine April 2008, this song signposted the album's lyrical themes, a vision of an Orwellian, post 9-11 world where nothing adds up. The vision was inspired by Thom Yorke's compulsive tracking of BBC Radio 4 news bulletins. It was there the singer first heard the phrase "Hail To The Thief," which was originally used to describe 19th century US president, John Quincy Adams.
  • At the beginning of the song you can faintly hear Jonny Greenwood say "We're on" to which his brother Colin Replies, "That's a nice way to start, Jonny." (thanks, alexander - whitby, United Kingdom)
  • The title of the song 2+2=5 is a reference to George Orwell's novel, "1984." In the book, Big Brother was teaching individuals to reject what they once knew to be true. Where 2+2=4, he was teaching them that 2+2=5. This theme correlates to the theme of the song. (thanks, Chris - Phoenix, AZ)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget