Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

5 Seconds of Summer Songs - She Looks So Perfect Lyrics

She Looks So Perfect Lyrics By 5 Seconds of Summer Songs Album: She Looks So Perfect Year: 2014 Hey, hey, hey, hey Hey, hey, hey Hey, hey, hey, hey Hey, h

5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks So Perfect


5 Seconds of Summer - She Looks So Perfect Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: She Looks So Perfect
Released: 2014

She Looks So Perfect Lyrics


Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount to anything else
But look around
We worked too damn hard for this just to give it up now
If you don't swim, you'll drown
But don't move, honey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Let's get out, let's get out
'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down
While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking
If I showed up with a plane ticket
And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it
Would you wanna run away too?
'Cause all I really want is you

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
I made a mix-tape straight out of '94
I've got your ripped skinny jeans lying on the floor
And I know now, that I'm so down

Hey, hey, hey, hey hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down (Hey)
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down

Writer/s: CLIFFORD, MICHAEL / IRWIN, ASHTON / SINCLAIR, JAKE
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

She Looks So Perfect
  • 5 Seconds of Summer is a pop-rock band from from the western suburbs of Sydney, Australia, comprising vocalist Luke Hemmings, guitarist Michael Clifford, bassist Calum Hood and drummer Ashton Irwin. The group was formed in December 2011 when schoolmates Luke, Michael and Calum started posting videos of themselves performing covers of popular songs to YouTube. They were soon joined by Ashton and quickly gained a large following on Twitter and Facebook.

    The quartet spent the second half of 2012 writing and developing before releasing their Somewhere New EP at the end of the year, reaching the Top 40 of the New Zealand album chart. One Direction had been following 5 Seconds of Summer's career for some time and the Australian quartet spent much of 2013 supporting the guys on their worldwide Take Me Home tour.
  • This is 5 Seconds Of Summer's debut worldwide single, after signing to to Capitol Records. The tune topped 38 iTunes charts across the globe with the pre-order, making it a contender for "song of the summer."

    The instant success thrust the band into the spotlight and onto the Tumblrs of their (mostly) female fans. With the exception of their drummer Ashton Irwin, who was 20, every member of the group was a teenager when the song hit. They fought the "boy band" label from the start, explaining that they wrote their own songs, with every member contributing to the process. The credited writers on this track are Irwin, the band's guitarist Michael Clifford and Jake Sinclair, who also produced the track and contributed guitar and backing vocals.
  • So why 5 Seconds Of Summer? Michael told Digital Spy : "I suggested the name and everyone hated it! I wanted to make a name where everyone could put their name into it, and it has a cool abbreviation."

    "There's nothing symbolic about it unfortunately," he added. "Normally we tell people we fought with dragons and stuff. We'll come up with a cool story and get back to you."
  • The music video was directed by Frank Borin and gained over 1 million views within 24 hours of its release on February 24, 2014. Asked by Coup de Main magazine about the inspiration for the clip, Michael replied: "I guess we were just looking around for ideas for the video stuff, and the director Frank came to us with this idea of the song just making people want to take their clothes off or something? And we were like… Alright, that's amazing!"
  • The band wrote this song with Jake Sinclair, who also produced that track and added guitar and backing vocals. It was Sinclair who came up with the memorable lyric: "She looks so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear."

    That line was inspired by a time when Sinclair's girlfriend forgot her underwear, so she wore his. He warned the band that he had a weird concept before pitching them the line, which didn't go over well with Michael Clifford, but Ashton Irwin loved it and pushed it through. "I loved it because it was quirky," Irwin told Rolling Stone. "I knew it was gonna break us."
  • After this song hit, American Apparel saw a 10 percent spike in sales of their briefs.
  • The song's lyrics are exceptionally goofy, but insanely catchy and somewhat nostalgic. The line, "I made a mixtape straight out of '94, I've got your ripped skinny jeans lying on the floor" proved especially popular, with the band playing it up by wearing skinny jeans in the video and often making appearances under a "Mixtape '94" sign. The band claims inspiration from '90s acts like blink-182 and Green Day.
  • 5 Seconds of Summer were the first multi-member Australian group to top the UK singles chart since Madison Avenue spent a week at #1 with "Don't Call Me Baby" in May 2000.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget