Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Rush Songs - Time Stand Still Lyrics

Time Stand Still Lyrics By Rush Songs Album: Hold Your Fire Year: 1987 I turn my back to the wind To catch my breath, Before I start off again Driven on,

Rush - Time Stand Still
Rush - Time Stand Still


Rush - Time Stand Still Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Hold Your Fire
Released: 1987

Time Stand Still Lyrics


I turn my back to the wind
To catch my breath,
Before I start off again
Driven on,
Without a moment to spend
To pass an evening
With a drink and a friend

I let my skin get too thin
I'd like to pause,
No matter what I pretend
Like some pilgrim
Who learns to transcend
Learns to live
As if each step was the end

Time Stand Still
I'm not looking back
But I want to look around me now
See more of the people
And the places that surround me now

Freeze this moment
A little bit longer
Make each sensation
A little bit stronger
Experience slips away

I turn my face to the sun
Close my eyes,
Let my defenses down
All those wounds
That I can't get unwound

I let my past go too fast
No time to pause
If I could slow it all down
Like some captain,
Whose ship runs aground
I can wait until the tide
Comes around

Make each impression
A little bit stronger
Freeze this motion
A little bit longer
The innocence slips away

Summer's going fast
Nights growing colder
Children growing up
Old friends growing older
Experience slips away

Writer/s: NEIL PEART, GEDDY LEE WEINRIB, ALEX LIFESON
Publisher: OLE MEDIA MANAGEMENT
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Time Stand Still
  • Aimee Mann from the group 'Til Tuesday sang backing vocals and appeared in the music video.
    Geddy Lee (1988): "We knew that the part she sings on was a feminine part. We didn't want to use a keyboard or have Alex or myself sing it, so we started looking for a female singer. It's a very attractive opportunity for us to work with a female singer. We just looked until we found a voice, that was suitable. In listening to Aimee's last record, we loved the way she sang, so we just asked her."
  • Neil Peart (1988): "My first idea was to write about time and the first song I wrote was 'Time Stand Still'. But the more I thought about it and played around with the ideas, the more expanded idea of temperamental barriers took shape. 'Time Stand Still' applies to that concept in that it deals with the attitude of enjoying life and not letting it whisk by without appreciating it." (thanks, Mike - Mountlake Terrace, Washington, for above 2)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget