Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Guns N' Roses Songs - Mr. Brownstone Lyrics

Mr. Brownstone Lyrics By Guns N' Roses Songs Album: Appetite For Destruction Year: 1987 I get up around seven Get outta bed around nine And I don't worry

Guns N' Roses - Mr. Brownstone
Guns N' Roses - Mr. Brownstone


Guns N' Roses - Mr. Brownstone Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Appetite For Destruction
Released: 1987

Mr. Brownstone Lyrics


I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
Cause worryin's a waste of my, time

The show usually starts around seven
We go on stage at nine
Get on the bus at eleven
Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

We been dancin' with
Mr. Brownstone
He's been knockin'
He won't' leave me alone

I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said a little better than before
I used ta do a little but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin' ta get a little better
Said a little better than before

We been dancin' with
Mr. Brownstone
He's been knockin'
He won't leave me alone

Now I get up around whenever
I used ta get up on time
But that old man he's a real muthafucker
Gonna kick him on down the line

Writer/s: ROSE, W. AXL / HUDSON, SAUL / MCKAGAN, DUFF ROSE / STRADLIN, IZZY / ADLER, STEVEN
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Mr. Brownstone
  • This song is about how heroin affected the band. Mr. Brownstone is likely to be their dealer. Brownstone isn't a common slang term for heroin, but it is brown, which is likely to be where the dealer got his name from. (thanks, Sterv - Donny, England)
  • Axl Rose's lyrics mention how the band would take heroin before performing at concerts. "The show usually starts around 7, we go on stage around 9" means they were two hours late for the show because of the drug. Later he sings: "Now I get up around whenever, I used to get up on time," meaning he doesn't care anymore about it, he's so obsessed with heroin.
  • At the end of the song in the lyrics: "Shoved it in the bindle and I shot it in the middle And it, it drove outta my mind I should've known better, said I wish I never met her, said I leave it all behind," A bindle is a "dimebag" full of heroin, he shot it in the middle, getting rid of it, and says he wished he never met her (her being heroin) and he just quit it cold turkey. (thanks, Matt - Woodstock, Canada, for above 2)
  • Velvet Revolver, which was formed by three former Guns N' Roses members, regularly played this at their shows.
  • While opening for The Rolling Stones at a show in Los Angeles on October 18th, 1989, Axl Rose said on stage: "Unless certain people in this band get their s--t together, these will be the last Guns N' Roses shows you'll f--king ever see. Cause I'm tired of too many people in this organization dancing with Mr. G--damn Brownstone." It apparently got the attention of his bandmates, as Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Steve Adler promised to clean up.
  • Axl Rose, on his reputation for starting shows late: "I pretty much follow my own internal clock, and I perform better later at night. Nothing seems to work out for me until later at night. And it is our show. I don't want to make people sit around and wait - it drives me nuts. That hour-and-a-half or two-hour time period that I'm late going onstage is living hell, because I'm wishing there was any way on earth I could get out of where I am and knowing I'm not going to be able to make it." (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget