Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Martika Songs - Toy Soldiers Lyrics

Toy Soldiers Lyrics By Martika Songs Album: Martika Year: 1989 It wasn't my intention to mislead you It never should have been this way, What can I say? I

Martika - Toy Soldiers
Martika - Toy Soldiers


Martika - Toy Soldiers Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Martika
Released: 1989

Toy Soldiers Lyrics


It wasn't my intention to mislead you
It never should have been this way,
What can I say?
It's true I did extend the invitation,
I never knew how long you'd stay,
When you hear temptation call
It's your heart that takes,
Takes the fall

Won't you come out and play with me?

[Chorus]
Step by step,
Heart to heart
Left, right, left
We all fall down
Like Toy Soldiers
Bit by bit torn apart,
We never win,
But the battle wages on
For toy soldiers

It's getting hard to wake up in the morning,
My head is spinning constantly,
How can it be?
How could I be so blind to this addiction?
If I don't stop
The next one's gonna be me
Only emptiness remains,
It replaces all the pain.

Won't you come out and play with me?

[Chorus]

(We never win)

Only emptiness remains (ahh)
It replaces all the pain,

Won't you come out and play with me?

[Chorus]

Writer/s: MARGULES/MARRERO
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Toy Soldiers
  • This is about drug addiction and how drugs can control you like children control their toys - Metallica's "Master Of Puppets" has a similar theme. In an interview that aired on VH1, Martika said that she wrote this song about a friend who was hooked on cocaine. (thanks, Camille - Toronto, OH)
  • Martika (her real name is Marta Marrera) was born in May 1969 in Whittier, California. Her Cuban parents left their home country during a revolution. Martika started acting before launching a recording career, appearing in the film version of Annie in 1982 and on the TV series Kids Incorporated from 1984 to 1986. In 1988 her first single, "More Than You Know," landed on the American charts; a year later, this was released as the follow up." (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England)
  • Stacy Ferguson was one of the background singers on this. She starred in Kids Incorporated with Martika and went on to become Fergie of Black Eyed Peas. (thanks, Crystal - Panama City, FL)
  • Eminem sampled this on his 2004 song "Like Toy Soldiers."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget