Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Stylistics Songs - I'm Stone In Love With You Lyrics

I'm Stone In Love With You Lyrics By The Stylistics Songs Album: Round 2 Year: 1972 If I could I'd like to be, a great big movie star Overnight sensation,

The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You


The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Round 2
Released: 1972

I'm Stone In Love With You Lyrics


If I could I'd like to be, a great big movie star
Overnight sensation, drive a big expensive car
I would buy you everything your little heart desires
These things I do, 'cause I'm Stone In Love With You

(Stone in love with you)

If I were a business man, I'd sit behind a desk
I'd be so successful, I would scare wall street to death
I would hold a meeting for the press to let them know
I did it all, 'cause I'm stone in love with you

(Stone in love with you)

I'm just a man, an average man
Doing everything the best I can
But if I could, I'd give the world to you

I'd like to someday be the owner of
The first house on the moon
There would be no neighbors, and no population boom
You might say that all I do is dream my life away

I guess it's true, 'cause I'm stone in love for you
I guess it's true, 'cause I'm stone in love with you
I guess it's true, 'cause I'm stone in love for you

Writer/s: CREED, LINDA / BELL, THOMAS / BELL, ANTHONY SALVATORE
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I'm Stone In Love With You
  • The Philadelphia writer and producer Thom Bell wrote this song with his brother Tony Bell and lyricist Linda Creed. This song is about giving everything up for love, and it's a great example of how in the Soul music milieu, the word "stoned " often means "utterly devoted."
  • The Stylistics were formed in Philadelphia in 1968 by the members of two groups, The Percussions and The Monarchs. After local success with Sebring Records, they were signed by Avco, teamed initially with Thom Bell and later Van McCoy. During the early '70s, the band had 12 straight Top-10 hits, including "I'm Stone in Love With You," and also "You Are Everything," "Betcha by Golly, Wow," "Break Up to Make Up," and "You Make Me Feel Brand New." In the UK they were just as successful and they had a #1 hit in 1975 with "Can't Give You Anything (But My Love)." All of their hits were ballads featuring the soaring falsetto of Russell Thompkins jr.
  • In 1975, Johnny Mathis recorded this for his album I'm Coming Home, which was produced by Thom Bell. His version hit #10 in the UK.
  • This is one of many tracks recorded at Sigma Sound Studios in Philadelphia that helped define the "Philly Sound." A lot of it had to do with the studio house band, who were known as MFSB and had their own hit in 1973 with "TSOP (The Sound of Philadelphia)." For more on what went on at Sigma Sound, and who the real background singers were, check out our interview with Phil Hurtt .

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget