Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Mother Love Bone Songs - Gentle Groove Lyrics

Gentle Groove Lyrics By Mother Love Bone Songs Album: Mother Love Bone Year: 1992 Like my world I'm on fire 'Cause I'm full of desire No more preachin' on

Mother Love Bone - Gentle Groove
Mother Love Bone - Gentle Groove


Mother Love Bone - Gentle Groove Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Mother Love Bone
Released: 1992

Gentle Groove Lyrics


Like my world I'm on fire
'Cause I'm full of desire
No more preachin' on your part
No more love on my pillow
Come dance with me in my room
You can hold me hands
I shall be your boyfriend
And you can call me names
And nobodies gonna change the way I feel, for my love
Nobodies gonna slow my Gentle Groove
'Til kingdom come thy work is done on earth as it is in Dallas
Come play with me in room
You can hold me hands
I will be your boyfriend
And you can call me names
And nobody gonna take the power away, from my love
And nobodies gonna slow my gentle groove
And nobodies gonna take my love away
And nobodies gonna slow my gentle groove
'Til kingdom come thy work is done on earth as it is in Dallas

Writer/s: WOOD, ANDREW / GOSSARD, STONE C. / AMENT, JEFFREY ALLEN / GILMORE, GREG A. / FAIRWEATHER, BRUCE IAN
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Gentle Groove
  • Mother Love Bone was comprised of future Pearl Jam members Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament, along with Bruce Fairweather, Greg Gilmore, and their frontman, Andrew Wood. The Mother Love Bone album wasn't released until 1992, two years after Wood died from a heroin overdose and the year after Pearl Jam released their debut album.

    A band composition with lyrics by Wood, the song finds him expressing his intractable love as he shuts out the outside world.
  • Stone Gossard of Mother Love Bone later formed a band called Brad with lead singer Shawn Smith, who learned a lot by watching Andrew Wood at work. In our interview with Smith , he talked about how this song came together: "I had a 4-track and a little reverb unit. Andy lived across the street from me, and sometimes he would call me over to bring over my 4-track, because he had a song or something. So I recorded him doing the first version of 'Gentle Groove.' That was cool. And then I got to see a soundcheck a little while later, the full version with the band, with Love Bone. And it was just mind blowing. To see something go from a little acoustic song on my 4-track and then transferred into a band with two Marshall stacks, it was just a huge songwriting moment, where it's like, 'Oh, that's what happens.' You can have the little, teeny thing, and then you can put it in a band and make magic just explode."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget