Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Anna Calvi Songs - Eliza Lyrics

Eliza Lyrics By Anna Calvi Songs Album: One Breath Year: 2013 The lonely won’t hold me for good Peaceful is gleaming she stood To see her, to be her, to

Anna Calvi - Eliza
Anna Calvi - Eliza


Anna Calvi - Eliza Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: One Breath
Released: 2013

Eliza Lyrics


The lonely won’t hold me for good
Peaceful is gleaming she stood
To see her, to be her, to change
As if like a kiss we’re the same
So hold me up, hold me up
If only I could be you

Eliza
Eliza
Eliza
Eliza

My sister, my pistol below
If you could know all that I know
I’m falling, no warning, no way
Tomorrow, tomorrow’s too late
So hold me up, hold me up
I know that I could be you

Eliza
Eliza
Eliza
Eliza

So priceless and godless I wait
To leave this soul behind
Untangle the jangle of bells
They ring my fear through the night

Writer/s: ANNA MARGARET MICHELLE CALVI
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group, DOMINO PUBLISHING COMPANY
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Eliza
  • This cinematic strum was released as the first single from Anna Calvi's second album, One Breath. The song was premiered on August 19, 2013 at 11am on Lauren Laverne's BBC Radio 6 Music show.
  • Calvi explained the song's meaning to NME: "It's about a woman I've seen who is beautiful, calm and serene. It's about wishing you could just take your soul out and become that person; about getting to a point where you're so stuck that you would be happy to forsake everything you are in order to become someone else."
  • Calvi told Pitchfork that the song is about, "seeing a strong and beautiful woman who reminds you of a part of yourself that has got lost somehow, and striving to become that person again."
  • The song's Emma Nathan-directed music video follows the song's lyrical concept by sending Calvi on a chase to find herself. We see the singer-guitarist running through a forest as she attempts to catch the mysterious figure ahead of her.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget