Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Madness Songs - My Girl Lyrics

My Girl Lyrics By Madness Songs Album: One Step Beyond Year: 1979 My girl's mad at me I didn't wanna see the film tonight I found it hard to say She thoug

Madness - My Girl
Madness - My Girl


Madness - My Girl Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: One Step Beyond
Released: 1979

My Girl Lyrics


My Girl's mad at me
I didn't wanna see the film tonight
I found it hard to say
She thought I'd had enough of her
Why can't she see?
She's lovely to me
But I like to stay in
And watch TV on my own
Every now and then

My girl's mad at me
Been on the telephone for an hour
We hardly said a word
I tried and tried but I could not be heard
Why can't I explain?
Why do I feel this pain?
'Cause everything I say
She doesn't understand
She doesn't realise
She takes it all the wrong way

My girl's mad at me
We argued just the other night
I thought we'd got it straight
We talked and talked until it was light
I thought we'd agreed
I thought we'd talked it out
Now when I try to speak
She says that I don't care
She says I'm unaware
And now she says I'm weak

Writer/s: RONALD WHITE, WILLIAM ROBINSON JR.
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

My Girl
  • Madness keyboard player Mike Barson wrote this on the back of a cigarette packet while employed delivering Fyffes bananas. He explained to the Kent Messenger Newspaper: "The bloke I worked with on the lorry was always talking about 'My girl and me, we're going to live in Essex. My girl and me, we're going to the coast this weekend."
  • Madness emerged from the ska band the Invaders, who formed in London in 1976. They changed their name to Madness in 1978 in honor of an old Prince Buster Ska song. In the UK, they had 16 Top 10 singles between 1979 and 1999, including a #1 in 1982 with "House Of Fun." Their most successful single in the US was the #7 hit "Our House," which peaked at #7.
  • Barson was inspired by the chord progression in Elvis Costello's "Watching The Detectives." He told interviewer Daniel Rachel (The Art of Noise: Conversations with Great Songwriters): "Sometimes you hear a sound or a song that inspires you. I liked that chord progression. On 'My Girl' it's D flat minor going down to A. They had C to A minor and we changed it a semitone. I like those moody/minor key changes. I don't know if I was trying to get it exactly the same; maybe I was."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget