Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Civil Wars Songs - Eavesdrop Lyrics

Eavesdrop Lyrics By The Civil Wars Songs Album: The Civil Wars Year: 2013 I don't want to talk right now I just want your arms wrapped around Me and this

The Civil Wars - Eavesdrop
The Civil Wars - Eavesdrop


The Civil Wars - Eavesdrop Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: The Civil Wars
Released: 2013

Eavesdrop Lyrics


I don't want to talk right now
I just want your arms wrapped around
Me and this moment before it runs out

Oh, don't say that it's over
Oh, no, say it ain't so
Let's let the stars watch, let them stare
Let the wind Eavesdrop, I don't care
For all that we've got, don't let it go
Just hold me

I can't pull you closer than this
It's just you and the moon on my skin
Oh, who says it ever has to end

Oh, don't say that it's over
Oh, no, say it ain't so
Let's let the stars watch, let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop, I don't care
For all that we've got don't let go

Let's let the stars watch let them stare
Let the wind eavesdrop I don't care
For all that we've got don't let go
Just hold, just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me
Just hold me

Writer/s: CHARLIE PEACOCK, JOHN WHITE, JOY WILLIAMS
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Downtown Music Publishing, BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Eavesdrop
  • The Civil Wars duo of Joy Williams and John Paul White brought in their producer, Charlie Peacock, on this song. Williams explained: "He helped with arrangements and really helped take the song to a totally different place. Sometimes as an artist, you can't see what needs rearranging when you're so 'in it.' Charlie brought perspective. Almost like an eavesdrop within an 'Eavesdrop.'"
  • Williams gave birth to a son, Miles Alexander, in between the recording of The Civil Wars' Barton Hollow and self-titled albums. This song highlighted to her the change in her voice between the two records. She explained: "When I was first pregnant and performing on the road, I thought something was wrong with my voice. I was having a hard time hitting high notes, while my low notes kept getting deeper and deeper. I did some research with the help of a vocal coach, and learned that hormone levels affect a female singing range. Having a boy, naturally, upped my testosterone levels, making low notes easier to hit and higher notes harder to reach."

    "But the great thing?," she added. After having Miles, I regained my high range AND have kept my low range. Pregnancy literally changed the makeup of my vocal cords. There's a different timbre to it now, and I love that I can hear the story of my son in my singing."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget