Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Mr. Mister Songs - Kyrie Lyrics

Kyrie Lyrics By Mr. Mister Songs Album: Welcome to the Real World Year: 1985 Kyrie eleison, kyrie eleison, kyrie The wind blows hard against this mountai

Mr. Mister - Kyri
Mr. Mister - Kyrie


Mr. Mister - Kyrie Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Welcome to the Real World
Released: 1985

Kyrie Lyrics


Kyrie eleison, kyrie eleison, kyrie

The wind blows hard against this mountain side, across the sea into my soul
It reaches into where I cannot hide, setting my feet upon the road

My heart is old, it holds my memories, my body burns a gemlike flame
Somewhere between the soul and soft machine, is where I find myself again

[Chorus]
Kyrie eleison, down the road that I must travel
Kyrie eleison, through the darkness of the night
Kyrie eleison, where I'm going will you follow
Kyrie eleison, on a highway in the light

When I was young I thought of growing old, of what my life would mean to me
Would I have followed down my chosen road, or only wished what I could be

[Chorus]

Writer/s: LANG, JOHN ROSS / GEORGE, STEVEN PARK / PAGE, RICHARD JAMES
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Kyrie Song Chart
  • "Kyrie Eleison" is Greek for "Lord, have mercy." It is used as a prayer in both Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox services. Greek was the original language of the New Testament and it was later translated in to Latin.
  • This song is credited to lead singer Richard Page, keyboardist Steve George and lyricist John Lang. Clearing up an urban legend that Page wrote the song after being attacked, John Lang told the Chicago Sun-Times of July 9th 2004: "Richard Page did write the music and melody, but I am the one who wrote the lyrics. I got the inspiration from singing it as a kid in an Episcopal church in Phoenix. Also, 'Kyrie' had nothing to do with Richard being assaulted, mainly because it wasn't Richard who was assaulted - it was me! But that happened three years before writing 'Kyrie,' and had nothing to do with that song."
  • When this was a hit, very few people listening to Top 40 radio had any idea that they were singing "Lord Have Mercy, Down the Road that I must travel!" The religious significance was mostly lost. (thanks, Jeff - Charleston, SC)
  • Mr. Mister was not a Christian band, but their frontman Richard Page considered this song a prayer. "I get a lot of power from meditation, from being still and realizing that what I'm doing is insignificant compared to the universe," he said. "That's what the song is all about."
  • The group wrote this while they were on tour with Adam Ant. It was a year before they recorded it.
  • The first single from the Welcome to the Real World album was "Broken Wings," which went to #1 US in December 1985, giving the band their first American chart-topper. "Kryie" was the next single from the album, and it made the top spot in March 1986.
  • The music video was shot in December, 1985 when Mr. Mister were opening for Tina Turner on her Private Dancer tour. Director Nick Morris shot footage of the band at their concert in Pembroke Pines, Florida at a venue called the Hollywood Sportatorium. The beach was nearby, so Morris also shot the band there and took footage of them doing rock star stuff before the show: riding in a limo, entering the dressing room, etc.

    Morris, a British director who would later do the videos for Europe's "The Final Countdown" and Cinderella's "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)," had never shot a video in America before, and didn't know that you needed release forms to show anyone's face. This caused a problem when after the video was cut and distributed, he was asked for the releases from the older guys on the beach the band is seen interacting with. Fortunately, these guys were regulars at this spot, so a production assistant was able to track them down and get the signatures.
  • The day they started shooting the video, the band read a negative review in the Los Angeles Times that was devastating for Richard Page. "His face dropped and he was in the saddest mood all day thinking he'd come to the end as a credible musician," director Nick Morris told us. "I remember thinking, I won't let my musicians who I'm about to work with read papers on the day of the shoot."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget