Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Crazy Town Songs - Butterfly Lyrics

Butterfly Lyrics By Crazy Town Songs Album: The Gift Of Game Year: 1999 Come my lady Come come my lady You're my butterfly, sugar baby Come my lady Come c

Crazy Town - Butterfl
Crazy Town - Butterfly


Crazy Town - Butterfly Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: The Gift Of Game
Released: 1999

Butterfly Lyrics


Come my lady
Come come my lady
You're my Butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady
Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby

Such a sexy, sexy pretty little thing
Fierce nipple pierce you got me sprung with your tongue ring
And I ain't gonna lie cause your loving gets me high
So to keep you by my side there's nothing that I won't try
Butterflies in her eyes and looks to kill
Time is passing I'm asking could this be real
Cause I can't sleep I can't hold still
The only thing I really know is she got sex appeal
I can feel too much is never enough
You're always there to lift me up
When these times get rough I was lost Now I'm found
Ever since you've been around
You're the women that I want
So yo, I'm putting it down

Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy
Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy

I don't deserve you unless it's some kind of hidden message
To show me life is precious
Then I guess it's true
But to tell truth, I really never knew
Til I met you See I was lost and confused
Twisted and used up
Knew a better life existed but thought that I missed it

My lifestyle's wild I was living like a wild child
Trapped on a short leash paroled the police files
So yo. what' s happening now?
I see the sun breaking down into dark clouds
And a vision of you standing out in a crowd

Come come my lady
You're my butterfly
Sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy
Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy

Hey sugar momma, come and dance with me
The smartest thing you ever did was take a chance with me
Whatever tickles your fancy
Girl it's you like Sid and Nancy
So sexy. almost evil Talkin' about butterflies in my head
I used to think happy endings were only in the books I read but
You made me feel alive when I was almost dead

You filled that empty space with the love I used to chase
And as far as I can see it don't get better than this
So butterfly, here is a song and it's sealed with a kiss
And a thank you miss

Come and dance with me
Come and dance with me
Come and dance with me
So come and dance with me

Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy
Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy
Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy
Come come my lady
You're my butterfly, sugar baby
Come my lady you're my pretty baby
I'll make your legs shake
You make me go crazy

Come and dance with me

Writer/s: BRET MAZUR, SETH BINZER, MICHAEL PETER BALZARY, CHAD G SMITH, ANTHONY KIEDIS, JOHN FRUSCIANTE
Publisher: THE BICYCLE MUSIC COMPANY, MoeBeToBlame
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Butterfly Song Chart
  • The album had been out for a year and a half before this became a hit. It was the third single from Crazy Town. They first released harder songs "Toxic" and "Darkside," which flopped. Crazy Town toured with Buckcherry, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Methods Of Mayhem for two years before this became a hit.
  • Crazy Town lead singer Shifty Shellshock (Seth Binzer) wrote this song about the girl he was seeing at the time. Most of the group's songs were full of macho swagger, which made her wary of Shellshock, so he set out to write something more romantic.

    The two were living together at the time, and she collected butterflies. As Shellshock tells it, he was lying on the bed, thinking about what to call his song, when he spotted a butterfly on the ceiling. That gave him the title, and he later came up with the line, "You're my butterfly, sugar baby." He brought the idea to the band, and they loved the idea; they recorded the demo that very evening.

    Unfortunately, things didn't work out for Shellshock and his butterfly girl - they were together for three years before a tough breakup.
  • This samples "Pretty Little Ditty" from The Red Hot Chili Peppers album Mother's Milk. After writing the lyrics, Shellshock asked his producer to give it a mellow feel similar to "Under The Bridge" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
  • This is an uncharacteristic pop song for Crazy Town. Their music is typically more aggressive rap-rock, but this was a huge crossover hit. It was played on rock, pop, and alternative radio stations.
  • MTV featured this on their 2001 spring break coverage from Cancun.
  • The video was directed by a team that worked on the movies The Matrix and What Dreams May Come. It is based on the images from What Dreams May Come.
  • Many bands resent their first hit if it gets overexposed and does not really represent the sound of the band, but Shellshock still loves this. He has fond memories of how it made them very popular.
  • This was one of the songs targeted by the Federal Trade Commission in 2001 as inappropriate for underage listeners. The commission wanted advertising for this and many other songs to contain parental advisory warnings.
  • Shifty Shellshock's then-girlfriend Cynthia is in the music video.
  • Epic Mazur wore a DARE T-shirt in the video. The irony is apparent when you consider that Epic has been to rehab to avoid charges of cocaine possession and continued to smoke marijuana.
  • In 2002, this was honored by two different music publishing organizations. Crazy Town belongs to ASCAP, who gave them an award, but because this samples a Red Hot Chili Peppers song, and they are represented by rival company BMI, that organization also honored this. The awards indicate this got a lot of airplay on radio and MTV.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget