Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Stevie Wonder Songs - My Cherie Amour Lyrics

My Cherie Amour Lyrics By Stevie Wonder Songs Album: My Cherie Amour Year: 1969 La la la la la la, la la la la la la My cherie amour, lovely as a summer d

Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amou
Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour


Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: My Cherie Amour
Released: 1969

My Cherie Amour Lyrics


La la la la la la, la la la la la la
My Cherie Amour, lovely as a summer day
My cherie amour, distant as the milky way
My cherie amour, pretty little one that I adore
You're the only girl my heart beats for
How I wish that you were mine
In a cafe or sometimes on a crowded street
I've been near you, but you never noticed me
My cherie amour, won't you tell me how could you ignore
That behind that little smile I wore
How I wish that you were mine
La la la la la la, la la la la la la
La la la la la la, la la la la la la
Maybe someday, you'll see my face amoung the crowd
Maybe someday, I'll share your little distant cloud
Oh, cherie amour, pretty little one that I adore
You're the only girl my heart beats for
How I wish that you were mine
La la la la la la, la la la la la la
La la la la la la, la la la la la la

Writer/s: COSBY, HENRY / MOY, SYLVIA / WONDER, STEVIE
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

My Cherie Amour Song Chart
  • The title is French for "My Dearest Love."
  • Wonder wrote this song in 1967 when he was a student at Michigan School for the Blind, recording a rough version and putting into his trusty "tape box," where he kept his song ideas. He wrote the song for his girlfriend at the time, Marcia, and the song was originally titled "Oh My Marcia."

    By the time he recorded the song, Marcia was out of the picture, so Wonder changed the title to "My Cherie Amour."
  • Motown songwriter/producers Henry Cosby and Sylvia Moy wrote this with Wonder, who was 19 at the time. Wonder was recording at age 12, and was writing songs in his teenage years. On his later hits, Wonder did almost all of the writing and production himself, but early on, he had a lot of help from the Motown staff.
  • This was first released as the B-side of Wonder's single "I Don't Know Why (I Love You)" in January 1969. Many disc jockeys flipped the single and played "My Cherie Amour," so Motown reissued the single with the sides reversed. In July 1969, "My Cherie Amour," reached its US peak of #4 on the Hot 100, and in August, the song was used as the title track to Wonder's album.
  • This song plays a part in the 2012 movie Silver Linings Playbook. Bradley Cooper's character, Pat, goes off the rails when he comes home to find his wife cheating on him while this song - their wedding song - is playing. From that point on, the song becomes a trigger for Pat, who loses his mind when he hears it.

    In the book the film was adapted from, it's a different song that makes Pat go crazy: "Songbird" by Kenny G.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget