Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Black Sabbath Songs - Sweet Leaf Lyrics

Sweet Leaf Lyrics By Black Sabbath Songs Album: Master Of Reality Year: 1971 Alright now. Won't you listen? When I first met you, didn't realize I can't

Black Sabbath - Sweet Lea
Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf


Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Master Of Reality
Released: 1971

Sweet Leaf Lyrics


Alright now.
Won't you listen?

When I first met you, didn't realize
I can't forget you, for your surprise
You introduced me, to my mind
And left me wanting, you and your kind

I love you, oh you know it

My life was empty, forever on a down
Until you took me, showed me around
My life is free now, my life is clear
I love you Sweet Leaf, though you can't hear

Come on now, try it out

Straight people don't know, what you're about
They put you down and shut you out
You gave to me a new belief
And soon the world will love you sweet leaf

Writer/s: FRANK IOMMI, WILLIAM WARD, TERENCE BUTLER, JOHN OSBOURNE
Publisher: T.R.O. INC.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Sweet Leaf Song Chart
  • This song is about marijuana, and makes little attempt to disguise it. The band did a lot of marijuana and many other drugs around this time.
  • This was the song that coined the phrase "Sweet Leaf" as slang for marijuana. They got the name from a pack of Irish Cigarettes that said "It's the sweet leaf." They thought that Sweet Leaf was a great description of marijuana, and the entire band wrote the song together. (thanks, Brett - Edmonton, Canada)
  • The sound at the beginning is Tony Iommi coughing after inhaling marijuana smoke from a bong.
  • Godsmack covered this on the 2000 Black Sabbath tribute album Nativity In Black II.
  • The guitar riff was taken from Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention's "Hungry Freaks, Daddy." This riff can also be heard at the end of the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Give It Away" and is the basis for the song "Rhymin' and Stealin'" by The Beastie Boys. (thanks, mike - Asheville, NC)
  • A Sabbath tribute band from Denmark is named Sweet Leaf.
  • This has been covered by Next Step Up, Stock Mojo, Garbage, Ancient, Ugly Kid Joe, Butthole Surfers, Mogwai, Stereolab, Agent Steel, Pimpadelic, Cadaver, and Widespread Panic. (thanks, Brett - Edmonton, Canada)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget