Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Poe Songs - Angry Johnny Lyrics

Angry Johnny Lyrics By Poe Songs Album: Hello Year: 1995 Johnny, Angry Johnny, this is Jezebel in Hell I want to kill you, I want to blow you...away I ca

Poe - Angry Johnn
Poe - Angry Johnny


Poe - Angry Johnny Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Hello
Released: 1995

Angry Johnny Lyrics


Johnny, Angry Johnny, this is Jezebel in Hell
I want to kill you, I want to blow you...away

I can do it you gently
I can do it with an animal's grace
I can do it with precision
I can do it with gormet taste

[Chorus]
But either way
Either (way), either way
I want to kill you
I want to blow you...
Away

I can do it to your mind
I can do it to your face
I can do it with integrity
I can do it with disgrace

[Chorus]

Johnny, Angry Johnny, this is Jezebel in Hell
Johnny, Angry Johnny, this is Jezebel in Hell

I can do it in a church
I can do it any time or place
I can do it like an angel
To quiet down your rage

[Chorus]

I can do it in the water
I can do on dry land
I can do it with instruments
I can do it with my own bare hands

But either way
Either way, you know where it stands
I want to kill you
I want to blow you...
Away

Johnny, Angry Johnny, this is Jezebel in Hell
Johnny, oh my Johnny

Where did your pleasure go
When the pain came through you
Where did your happiness go
This force is running you around now
Getting you down now
Where is your pleasure now Johnny
Where has your pleasure gone now

Johnny, Angry Johnny...

Writer/s: Cavaliere, Felix / Rice, Ralph James / Danielewski, Annie Decatur
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Angry Johnny Song Chart
  • This was the first hit for Poe. It got a lot of play on "Alternative" radio stations.
  • Matt Sorum, who was the drummer for Guns N' Roses, played on this and helped produce the album.
  • This was inspired by Poe's childhood and the death of her father. She lived on her own after her parents divorced when she was 16, and her father died a few years later.
  • Poe chose "Johnny" because it is the All-American name.
  • Poe's brother wrote a book in 2000 called House Of Leaves with a character named Johnny Truant. That character is partly based on this song.
  • Poe toured with Lenny Kravitz while this was gaining popularity.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget