Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Cars Songs - Just What I Needed Lyrics

Just What I Needed Lyrics By The Cars Songs Album: The Cars Year: 1978 I don't mind you comin' here And wastin' all my time 'Cause when you're standin', o

The Cars - Just What I Neede
The Cars - Just What I Needed


The Cars - Just What I Needed Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: The Cars
Released: 1978

Just What I Needed Lyrics


I don't mind you comin' here
And wastin' all my time
'Cause when you're standin', oh so near
I kinda lose my mind

It's not the perfume that you wear
It's not the ribbons in your hair
And I don't mind you comin' here
And wastin' all my time

I don't mind you hangin' out
And talkin' in your sleep
It doesn't matter where you've been
As long as it was deep, yeah

You always knew to wear it well and
You look so fancy I can tell
I don't mind you hangin' out
And talkin' in your sleep

I guess, you're Just What I Needed
I needed someone to feed
I guess, you're just what I needed
I needed someone to bleed

I don't mind you comin' here
And wastin' all my time, time
'Cause when you're standin', oh so near
I kinda lose my mind, yeah

It's not the perfume that you wear
It's not the ribbons in your hair
I don't mind you comin' here
And wastin' all my time

I guess, you're just what I needed
I needed someone to feed
I guess, you're just what I needed
I needed someone to bleed

I guess, you're just what I needed
I needed someone to feed
I guess, you're just what I needed
I needed someone to bleed
Yeah, yeah, so bleed me

You're just what I needed
You're just what I needed
You're just what I needed
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Writer/s: OCASEK, RIC
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Just What I Needed Song Chart
  • This established The Cars as one of New Wave's leading hitmakers and helped get them a deal with Elektra Records.
  • Lead vocals were by bass player Ben Orr, but it was written by lead singer/guitarist Ric Ocasek. Orr died of Pancreatic cancer in 2000.
  • Ocasek wrote this in a basement at a commune in Newton, Massachusetts where he lived.
  • The 2-track demo recorded by the band became the most-requested song by a local band in the history of WBCN, a popular rock station in Boston.
  • This was the group's first single. The Cars evolved from a trio called Milkwood.
  • The group's manager took the Cars' demo tape to two Boston radio stations and got it regular airplay before the group re-recorded it and released this as a single.
  • Seven years after it was first released, this made its second appearance on a single - this time as the B-side of the Cars' last Top 10 hit, "Tonight She Comes." (thanks, Brad Wind - Miami, FL, for above 3)
  • This song was used in the opening credits of the Oscar winning film Boys Don't Cry starring Hillary Swank. (thanks, melania - Moscow)
  • This was used in Circuit City ads when the electronics store used the slogan, "Just What I Needed." (thanks, Eric - Suffern, NY)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget