Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Police Songs - Can't Stand Losing You Lyrics

Can't Stand Losing You Lyrics By The Police Songs Album: Outlandos d'Amour Year: 1978 I called you so many times today And I guess it's all true what you

The Police - Can't Stand Losing Yo
The Police - Can't Stand Losing You


The Police - Can't Stand Losing You Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Outlandos d'Amour
Released: 1978

Can't Stand Losing You Lyrics


I called you so many times today
And I guess it's all true what your girlfriends say
That you don't ever want to see me again
And your brother's gonna kill me and he's six feet ten
I guess you'd call it cowardice
But I'm not prepared to go on like this

I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I Can't Stand Losing You
I can't stand losing you
I can't stand losing you
I can't stand losing you

I see you've sent my letters back
And my L.P. records and they're all scratched
I can't see the point in another day
When nobody listens to a word I say
You can call it lack of confidence
But to carry on living doesn't make no sense

I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,

I guess this is our last goodbye
And you don't care, so I won't cry
And you'll be sorry when I'm dead
When all this guilt will be on your head
I guess you'd call it suicide
But I'm too full, to swallow my pride

I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing.
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing,
I can't, I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing you

Writer/s: Sumner, Gordon Matthew
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Can't Stand Losing You Song Chart
  • This song is about a teenager who commits suicide when he loses his girlfriend. It took Sting only a few minutes to write the lyrics - they are not supposed to be deep and meaningful, but more of a joke.
  • A track from the band's first album, this was the second single The Police released, following "Roxanne."
  • This was the first Police song to chart: it hit #42 in the UK when it was released in 1978. A year later, after The Police became widely known, it was re-released and went to #2.
  • The single came with some interesting artwork: a picture of a hooded body hanging from a rope, indicating the boy in the song who killed himself. The hooded boy is the band's drummer, Stewart Copeland. (thanks, Jeff - Kendall Park, NJ)
  • The BBC banned this because of its morbid content.
  • The single was released in a variety of different colors, which have become collector's items.
  • Andy Summers used a processor called an Echoplex on his guitar. The device allowed him to continuously loop his guitar licks, creating a layered sound.
  • At live shows, The Police would improvise the middle of this to fill time, since they didn't have a lot of songs. The improvised jam eventually turned into the song "Reggatta De Blanc," which became the title track to their next album.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget