Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Yardbirds Songs - Evil Hearted You Lyrics

Evil Hearted You Lyrics By The Yardbirds Songs Album: Having a Rave Up With the Yardbirds Year: 1965 Evil hearted you. You always try to put me down, With

The Yardbirds - Evil Hearted Yo
The Yardbirds - Evil Hearted You


The Yardbirds - Evil Hearted You Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Having a Rave Up With the Yardbirds
Released: 1965

Evil Hearted You Lyrics


Evil Hearted You.
You always try to put me down,
With the things you do,
And words,
You spread around against me.
Evil hearted you.

You kept,
Kidding me along,
With your phoney smile,
And with,
Your siren song smiling, beguiling,
You lead me on 'til all hope's gone,
Persuading, degrading,
On my knees I try to please.

But I love you,
Just the same,
And I want you,
To remain,
By my side,
And you'll see,
Just how much you,
Mean to me.
Evil hearted you.

You always try to put me down,
With the things you do,
And words,
You spread around against me,
About me.

What would you,
Do without me?
Smiling, beguiling,
You lead me on 'til all hope has gone.

Writer/s: GOULDMAN, GRAHAM
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, SCHUBERT MUSIC PUBLISHING INC.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Evil Hearted You Song Chart
  • Graham Gouldman, who later formed the band 10cc, wrote this song. Gouldman was a prolific songwriter who also provided the Yardbirds hits "For Your Love" and "Heart Full of Soul." The Yarbirds were skilled songwriters and composed most of their own material, but Gouldman's songs brought a moody sound they were able to turn into a hit record. When we asked their drummer Jim McCarty about recording the songs of another writer, he told us, "There wasn't a problem doing that. It was the sort of thing that you relied on to get into that other echelon, to have a hit song. All our contemporaries were having hit songs: The Beatles and the Stones and the Moody Blues and Animals, they were all having #1 hits and we were really trying to keep up." (Here's the full Jim McCarty interview .)
  • The solo is Jeff Beck playing a slide guitar. Along with Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page, Beck is one of the three famous guitarists to play in The Yardbirds.
  • This song did well in England, but it was never released as a single in the United States.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget