Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

blink-182 Songs - All The Small Things Lyrics

All The Small Things Lyrics By blink-182 Songs Album: Enema Of The State Year: 1999 All the small things True care truth brings I'll take one lift Your ri

blink-182 - All The Small Thing
blink-182 - All The Small Things


blink-182 - All The Small Things Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Enema Of The State
Released: 1999

All The Small Things Lyrics


All The Small Things
True care truth brings
I'll take one lift
Your ride best trip
Always I know
You'll be at my show
Watching, waiting, commiserating

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off, carry me home
Na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na

Late night, come home
Work sucks, I know
She left me roses by the stairs
Surprises let me know she cares

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off, carry me home
Na, na, na, na
Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off, carry me home
Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill
The night will go on, my little windmill

Say it ain't so, I will not go
Turn the lights off, carry me home
Keep your head still, I'll be your thrill
The night will go on,
The night will go on,
My little windmill

Writer/s: DE LONGE, TOM/HOPPUS, MARK
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

All The Small Things
  • Guitarist Tom DeLonge wrote this for his girlfriend after she complained that he always writes songs about other girls. He was afraid it wouldn't be good so he kept telling her it was terrible. It ended up being a hit and she was very pleased with it. (thanks, Colin - Colbert, WA)
  • According to DeLonge, the lyrics are true. His girlfriend really did leave him roses by the stairs after a long night in the studio.
  • The group performed this at both the 1999 and 2000 MTV Video Music Awards. At the 2000 performance, where this won for Best Group Video, a bunch of "little people" joined the band. Many of them danced on stage, and a few swung from wires while pyrotechnics exploded overhead.
  • Blink-182 bass player Mark Hoppus met Skye Everly, the woman who would become his wife, on the shoot for this video.
  • This song was used in the Simpsons episode when Bart got a "split" from Homer and moved into the row under Tony Hawk's skate/party room. (thanks, Britt - Tville, Australia)
  • In 2010, Irish pop duo Jedward recorded their own version of the song on their album Planet Jedward. Their version reached #21 in the Irish singles charts. Hoppus told Spinner UK that he was happy for the former X-Factor finalists to cover the track. Said Hoppus: "I have heard the cover. It's funny 'cause all of a sudden on the online forums and my Twitter people started talking about this band covering 'All the Small Things' - it was everything from 'Finally a good band plays this song' to 'How did you guys ever let a band cover your song?' I think that bands can cover whatever songs - we never gave permission for them but I don't think we needed to, I think any band can cover anyone else's song." (If you're unfamiliar with Jedward, you can see them in action here. And Hoppus is correct, anyone can cover any song as long as they pay the mechanical licensing fee.)
  • Tom DeLonge admitted to NME in 2014 that he can no longer listen to this song. "It came on the radio the other day," he said, "and I was like, 'I sound like I'm f--king 11.'"

    "It's still played everywhere, but I don't know why," DeLonge added. "Blink has some really great songs that I think have legs to stand around for a long period of time. But that's not one of them and it haunts me!"

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget