Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Petula Clark Songs - This Is My Song Lyrics

This Is My Song Lyrics By Petula Clark Songs Album: These Are My Songs Year: 1967 Why is my heart so light? Why are the stars so bright? Why is the sky so

Petula Clark - This Is My Son
Petula Clark - This Is My Song


Petula Clark - This Is My Song Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: These Are My Songs
Released: 1967

This Is My Song Lyrics


Why is my heart so light?
Why are the stars so bright?
Why is the sky so blue
Since the hour I met you?

Flowers are smiling bright
Smiling for our delight
Smiling so tenderly
For all the world, you and me

[Bridge]
I know why the world is smiling
Smiling so tenderly
It hears the same old story
Through all eternity

Love, This Is My Song
Here is a song, a serenade to you
The world cannot be wrong
If in this world there is you

[Chorus x 2]
I care not what the world may say
Without your love there is no day
So, love, this is my song
Here is a song, a serenade to you

Writer/s: CHAPLIN, CHARLES
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

This Is My Song
  • This song was written by the silent movie giant Charlie Chaplin for his movie A Countess From Hong Kong, starring Sophia Loren and Marlon Brando. Chaplin was a talented composer, his most famous work being "Smile," which he wrote as an instrumental for his 1936 film Modern Times.

    Petula Clark (known as "Pet Clark" in her native England) said of the song: "I heard it and I thought it was a charming, slightly old fashioned love song. I could hear it being a hit in French, Italian and German."
  • Clark recorded versions of the song in French, Italian, and German for the European market. At the same time, her husband Claude recorded the original English version used in the movie. At the end of her recording session, Petula Clark recorded her English version using her husband's backing track.

    Clark didn't want to record the song in English, as she didn't think it would work, but her producer Sonny Burke convinced her to do it. Reluctantly, she recorded the song. The English version was the first one released, issued in the UK where it quickly rose to #1.
  • An English-language version by Harry Secombe was released in the UK before Clark's - his version spent a week at #1 there.
  • Clark recorded the song in Los Angeles with Ernie Freeman handling the arrangements. Freeman did a lot of work with Frank Sinatra and became a top arranger for many of the '60s hits recorded with the talented LA session musicians who performed on this track. Clark says he did "this absolutely perfect arrangement" on "This Is My Song."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget