Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Cure Songs - Close To Me Lyrics

Close To Me Lyrics By The Cure Songs Album: The Head On The Door Year: 1985 I've waited hours for this, I've made myself so sick I wish I'd stayed asleep

The Cure - Close To M
The Cure - Close To Me


The Cure - Close To Me Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: The Head On The Door
Released: 1985

Close To Me Lyrics


I've waited hours for this,
I've made myself so sick
I wish I'd stayed asleep today,
I never thought this day would end
I never thought tonight could ever be
This Close To Me

Just try to see in the dark,
Just try to make it work,
To feel the fear before you're here
I make the shapes come much too close,
I pull my eyes out,
Hold my breath,
And wait until I shake

But if I had your faith,
Then I could make it safe and clean
If only I was sure,
That my head on the door was a dream

I've waited hours for this,
I've made myself so sick,
I wish I'd stayed asleep today
I never thought this day would end,
I never thought tonight could ever be
This close to me

But if I had your face,
Then I could make it safe and clean
If only I was sure,
That my head on the door,
Was a dream

Writer/s: SMITH, ROBERT JAMES
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Close To Me Song Chart
  • The idea for the video came from a dream Robert Smith had where he was locked in a linen closet that fell off a cliff and into the ocean. (thanks, slave6 - Houston, TX)
  • Robert Smith (from Q Magazine's 1001 Best Songs Ever): "It's weird because of all the songs we've written, Close To Me doesn't spring to mind as one of our best songs. It was a slightly surreal moment on the record and it wasn't even a definite album track during the recording. It was only when I did the vocal and got really extreme on the production, making it really claustrophobic sounding, that it came to life. Up till that point it was average."

    "The video had quite a big impact too. I suggested to Tim (Pope, director) doing it in a wardrobe on top of a cliff because of the uncomfortable feeling and I think that cemented it in the Cure canon."
  • In 1990, a remix of this called the "closet mix" was released as a single, going to #13 in the UK. Another version of the song, the "closer mix," was included on the album Mixed Up.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget