Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Yardbirds Songs - Drinking Muddy Water Lyrics

Drinking Muddy Water Lyrics By The Yardbirds Songs Album: Little Games Year: 1967 Well I've been running and a-hiding, Trying to lose my mind. Well I've b

The Yardbirds - Drinking Muddy Wate
The Yardbirds - Drinking Muddy Water


The Yardbirds - Drinking Muddy Water Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Little Games
Released: 1967

Drinking Muddy Water Lyrics


Well I've been running and a-hiding,
Trying to lose my mind.
Well I've been running and a-hiding,
Trying to lose my mind.

Ever since you told me,
That you weren't my kind.

Drinking Muddy Water,
I don't know how long for.
I been drinking muddy water,
I don't know how long for.

Since I been running, babe,
I been treating you like a dog.

Writer/s: Dreja, Chris / Mccarty, Jim / Page, Jimmy / Relf, Keith
Publisher: EMI Music Publishing
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Drinking Muddy Water
  • This song is an update of the 1950 Muddy Waters blues classic "Rollin' and Tumblin'" and nominally a tribute to the bluesman. As well as the four Yardbirds members, the track also featured The Rolling Stones' Ian 'Stu' Stewart on piano.
  • This was a track on Little Games. The album was produced by successful singles producer Mickie Most, who was brought in by The Yardbirds' record company to coax out more commercial product. Although Page had worked earlier for Most as a session guitarist, he was unhappy with him taking on the production duties as the producer was basically interested in singles and didn't believe it was worth spending much time on album tracks. Page recalled to Mojo magazine July 2014. "You'd finish recording the track and Mickie would just go 'Next!'"

    "I remember that happening during 'Drinking Muddy Water,'" Page continued. "Stu looked at me and he said 'I can't believe this! I've never worked like this in my life! And I said to him, 'And you're not going to start now! We're going to hear a playback. And we did, but everything was based around the idea of getting things done quickly."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget