Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Allan Sherman Songs - Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah Lyrics

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah Lyrics By Allan Sherman Songs Album: My Son The Nut Year: 1963 Hello Muddah, hello Faddah Here I am at Camp Grenada Camp is ver

Allan Sherman - Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah
Allan Sherman - Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah


Allan Sherman - Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: My Son The Nut
Released: 1963

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah Lyrics


Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah
Here I am at Camp Grenada
Camp is very entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining

I went hiking with Joe Spivey
He developed poison ivy
You remember Leonard Skinner
He got Ptomaine poisoning last night after dinner

All the counsellors hate the waiters
And the lake has alligators
And the head coach wants no sissies
So he reads to us from something called Ulysses

Now I don't want this should scare ya'
But my bunkmate has Malaria
You remember Jeffery Hardy
They're about to organize a searching party

Take me home, oh Muddah, Faddah
Take me home, I hate Grenada
Don't leave me out in the forest where
I might get eaten by a bear

Take me home, I promise I will
Not make noise, or mess the house with
Other boys, oh please don't make me stay
I've been here one whole day

Dearest Fadduh, Darling Muddah
How's my precious little bruddah
Let me come home if you miss me
I would even let Aunt Bertha hug and kiss me

Wait a minute, it's stopped hailing
Guys are swimming, guys are sailing
Playing baseball, gee that's bettah
Muddah, Faddah kindly disregard this letter

Writer/s: SHERMAN, ALLAN / BUSCH, LOU
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., GET SONGS DIRECT
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah
  • The music is based on the 1876 Ponchielli opera "Dance Of The Hours."Sherman wrote the lyrics, which are a comical letter from a boy at camp.
  • Sherman was a writer on The Steve Allen Show and created the game show I've Got a Secret. He went on to record comedy albums. (thanks, Edward Pearce - Ashford, Kent, England)
  • This was used in commercials for Downy fabric softener. The letter from camp explained how he missed home because the pillow cases weren't washed in Downy.
  • This played at the end of the 1993 movie Indian Summer while Stick Coder (Sam Raimi) sat looking at the camera and the credits ran. The movie is about adults returning to a camp "Tamakwa" they attended as kids. The movie stars Matt Craven, who also played a camp counselor in training (CIT) in the 1979 movie Meatballs, which is also about camp. (thanks, Mike - Mountlake Terrace, Washington)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget