Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Chic Songs - Everybody Dance Lyrics

Everybody Dance Lyrics By Chic Songs Album: Chic Year: 1977 Lyrics: Not Found Available: Everybody Dance Youtube Music Video

Chic - Everybody Dance
Chic - Everybody Dance

unknown
Chic - Everybody Dance Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Chic
Released: 1977

Everybody Dance Lyrics




Everybody Dance
  • This was the first song Nile Rodgers and Bernard Edwards wrote as Chic, pre-dating even their debut hit "Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)." Rogers recalled to NME in 2013: "The Chic concept was a cross between a black version of Roxy Music and the anonymity of Kiss. I wrote 'Everybody Dance' one afternoon. I thought it was too jazzy but I loved it. I played it for Bernard – he loved it too but he said, 'My man, what does it do do do do mean?' I said, 'The same as la la la la.' He said, 'Well, why don't we go, "Everybody dance la la la la?'" I said, 'Because the la la la la era is over.'"
  • Nile Rodgers told NME that the first album he bought was Impressions by John Coltrane. He added: "I can't remember not knowing about jazz. It was almost like religion. I didn't like religion, but I loved music! But when I was able to buy my own records I bought this. The first Chic song I ever wrote, 'Everybody Dance,' is all based on McCoy Tyner's piano playing there."
  • This was usually played as the opening song of Chic's live sets because of its historical status and popularity.
  • Luther Vandross sung backing vocals for the track.
  • The British Pop group Steps' 2000 UK #1 hit "Stomp" borrowed the song's chord sequence and string swirls. The single's sleeve stated it was a tribute to Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers.
  • In 1993, the UK production duo Evolution scored a UK #19 hit with a house cover of the track. The extended version was appropriately titled 'Chic Inspirational Mix.'

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget