Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Oasis Songs - Shakermaker Lyrics

Shakermaker Lyrics By Oasis Songs Album: Definitely Maybe Year: 1994 I'd like to be somebody else and not know where I've been I'd like to build myself a

Oasis - Shakermaker
Oasis - Shakermaker


Oasis - Shakermaker Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Definitely Maybe
Released: 1994

Shakermaker Lyrics


I'd like to be somebody else and not know where I've been
I'd like to build myself a house out of plasticine
Shake along with me
I've been driving in my car with my friend Mr. Soft

Mr. Clean and Mr. Ben are living in my loft
Shake along with me!
I'm sorry but I just don't know
I know I said I told you so

But when you're happy and you're feeling fine
Then you'll know it's the right time
It's the right time
To shake along with me!

Mister Sifter sold me songs
When I was just sixteen
Now he stops at traffic lights
But only when they're green

Writer/s: GALLAGHER, NOEL / GREENAWAY, ROGER / DAVIS, BILLY / COOK, ROGER / BACKER, WILLIAM
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, SONY ATV MUSIC PUB LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Shakermaker
  • The last verse of this song was written in the back of a taxi by Noel Gallagher on the way to record the song. Liam said to Noel, "We haven't actually got a last verse for this song," so Noel wrote it there and then.
  • This bears a strong resemblance to the 1971 New Seekers song "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing," which was featured in a famous Coke commercial. The similarity between the songs became evident when Oasis tribute band No Way Sis recorded a version of "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing" in 1996 doing their best to sound like Oasis.
  • The original opening lines to this song were "I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony," but the band were forced to change the lyrics to "I'd like to be somebody else, and not know where I've been," as they didn't have permission to use these copyrighted lyrics. In early gigs, Oasis stuck with the original lyrics.
  • Oasis were successfully sued for unlicensed use of the song by the writers of "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing," a 1971 song by the New Seekers that was made famous in a Coke commercial where children gather on a hilltop to sing. Noel Gallagher cited "irony" as his defense and after losing, joked, "Now we all drink Pepsi."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget