Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Oasis Songs - The Importance Of Being Idle Lyrics

The Importance Of Being Idle Lyrics By Oasis Songs Album: Don't Believe The Truth Year: 2005 I sold my soul for the second time, 'cause the man don't pay

Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle
Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle


Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Don't Believe The Truth
Released: 2005

The Importance Of Being Idle Lyrics


I sold my soul for the second time, 'cause the man don't pay me.
I begged my landlord for some more time, he said "Son, the bill's waiting."
My best friend called me the other night, he said, "Man, are you crazy?"
My girlfriend told me to get a life, she said, "Boy, you lazy."

But I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine.
I'll be fine - if you give me a minute, a man's got a limit.
I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.

[Solo]

I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine.
I'll be fine - if you give me a minute, a man's got a limit.
I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.

I lost my faith in the summertime, 'cause it don't stop raining.
The sky all day is black as night, but I know I can't blame me.
I begged my Doctor for one more line, he said "Son, words fail me!"
There ain't no place to be killing time, I guess I'm just lazy.

I don't mind, as long as there's a bed beneath the stars that shine.
I'll be fine - if you give me a minute, a man's got a limit.
I can't get a life if my heart's not in it.

Writer/s: GALLAGHER, NOEL
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

The Importance Of Being Idle
  • Noel Gallagher (Q magazine, May 2005): "A cross between The Kinks and The La's. About being a lazy so and so. I spent a lot of last summer just sitting around the house doing nothing, really impressed by my lack of drive."
  • The band doesn't appear in the video. It features the Welsh actor Rhys Ifans and a group of dancing undertakers lip-synching to the track. Rhys Ifans was for a short while the lead singer of Welsh band Super Furry Animals before they achieved chart success. He has been in the movies Notting Hill (1999), Little Nicky (2000) and Vanity Fare (2004).
  • The was Oasis' second consecutive #1 single in the UK, after "Lyla." It was the second time they had back to back #1 hits, but the first time in the same calendar year. "All Around The World" and "Go Let It Out" followed each other in the late '90s but had a gap of 2 years between them.
  • This is only the second time that an Oasis single with Noel rather than Liam on lead vocals has topped the UK charts, his first being "Don't Look Back In Anger" back in 1996.
  • This was Oasis' 19th straight Top 10 UK hit, beating a long standing record for a group that was previously held jointly by The Beatles and ABBA. The all-time record is held by Madonna, with a total of 34 in a row between 1984 and 1995.
  • The video was shot on Caradoc Street, East Greenwich, London. The band appears for about 5 seconds: Gem Archer, Andy Bell and Zak Starkey are playing cards on a coffin while Liam is sitting by a desk and Noel is shaving.
  • Some of the second verse, with the reference to begging his doctor for "One more line," seems to be referring to an actual event as this resembles Noel's account of how he gave up cocaine in 1998.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget