Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Cage the Elephant Songs - Black Widow Lyrics

Black Widow Lyrics By Cage the Elephant Songs Album: Melophobia Year: 2013 Standing there with your red coat on French perfume looking vulnerable Black wi

Cage the Elephant - Black Widow
Cage the Elephant - Black Widow


Cage the Elephant - Black Widow Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Melophobia
Released: 2013

Black Widow Lyrics


Standing there with your red coat on
French perfume looking vulnerable
Black Widow girl you sit and wait
Till I climb into the web you made

I'm an animal,
You got me losing control
You got me losing control
You got me losing control
It's not right

I can't take it no more girl
I can't take this abuse
Every time that you walk in the room girl
I'm hypnotized by the way that you move
It's the way that you move

You call me out at your beck and call
Set me up just to watch me fall
Twist and turn bend and sway
I move in then you push away

I'm an animal you got me losing control
You got me losing control you got me losing control
It's not right

I can't take it no more girl
I can't take this abuse
Every time that you walk in the room girl
I'm hypnotized by the way that you move
It's the way that you move

I can't take it no more girl
I can't take this abuse
Every time that you walk in the room the room
I'm Hypnotized by the way that you move

I can't tell you the future, I may promise the moon
'Cause every time that you walk in the room girl
I'm hypnotized by the way that you move
It's the way that you move
It's the way that you move

Writer/s: SHULTZ, MATT / SHULTZ, BRAD / CHAMPION, JARED / TICHENOR, DANIEL / PARISH, LINCOLN
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Black Widow
  • This dance party tune finds Matt Shultz singing about a wicked girl. The black widow is a venomous American spider, which is black with red markings. The way the female black widow spiders lure males and mates them before eating them is a frequently used lyrical metaphor for women who are dishonest about their intentions. Here are some other examples:

    "Die for Me Only (Black Widow)" by Lita Ford : "Plays with a vengeance. Controls our very soul. To weave you in my web of love. And never let you go."

    "Black Widow" by Bruce Dickinson. "Black Widow And here, my prize, the Black Widow: Isn't she lovely? And so deadly. Her kiss is fifteen times more poisonous than the rattlesnake."

    "Werewolf Women of the SS" by Rob Zombie: "They are the black widows, baby. Off the streets of Berlin. Pure wolf is the mission. She-Devils of sin. They're in control now. Strasser you are."

    "There Goes" by Alan Jackson: "Like some big black widow spider. You know just how to catch your prey. I'm actin' like it doesn't matter. And you sneak up from behind and whisper my name."

    "Gold Dust Woman" by Fleetwood Mac: "Pale shadow of a woman. Black widow. Pale shadow. She's a dragon. Gold dust woman."
  • Matt Shultz and his guitarist brother Brad disagreed about the use of horns on this song. Brad told MusicRadar.com : "I have a thing about brass, so I've wanted to have horns for a while. Matt is on the other side of that; he was never a big horn fan at all. We definitely have different opinions on that subject. This was one of the songs that led to our big argument. He just didn't share the vision I had for the horns. When we did it and it worked out, it turned out to be a really pleasant surprise."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget