Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Cage the Elephant Songs - Teeth Lyrics

Teeth Lyrics By Cage the Elephant Songs Album: Melophobia Year: 2013 Electrified harmonious I think I'll take it out to the streets Somebody please stop m

Cage the Elephant - Teeth
Cage the Elephant - Teeth


Cage the Elephant - Teeth Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Melophobia
Released: 2013

Teeth Lyrics


Electrified harmonious
I think I'll take it out to the streets
Somebody please stop me
Call the doctor but don't call the police

Are you into the beat?
Are you into the beat?
I can feel it in my Teeth

I can feel it in my teeth
I can feel it in my teeth
And it's driving me mad
I can feel it in my teeth
I can feel it in my teeth and it's driving me crazy
It's driving me crazy, it's driving me mad

I wish I were an astronaut
Space case planting the seed
They put me in a hospital
Locked me up and threw away the key

Hey, hey, hey, hey, are you into the beat?
I'm the king of the beat
I can feel it in my teeth

I can feel it in my teeth
I can feel it in my teeth
And it's driving me mad
I can feel it in my teeth
I can feel it in my teeth and it's driving me crazy
It's driving me crazy, it's driving me mad

Writer/s: SHULTZ, MATT / SHULTZ, BRAD / CHAMPION, JARED / TICHENOR, DANIEL / PARISH, LINCOLN
Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Teeth
  • Vocalist Matt Shulz explained the song's meaning to MusicRadar.com : "The song is about feeling the energy of music changing," he said. "There's a real exciting scene going on in Nashville with a bunch of bands. It carries a familiar nostalgic sentiment, but at the same time everybody's trying to do something different. So 'Teeth' is about the vibrancy of life and how things are changing."

    "There's this overwhelming need that some people have," he continued, "they want to cater to cool or feed a certain image; either that or they try to write to sound artistic or intellectual. What's best is when you're transparent, standing there naked and just pouring your heart out. This song is like a letter to myself, telling myself that it's OK to be honest."
  • Shultz's lyrics were inspired by the Hanna-Barbera cartoon lion, Snagglepuss. He told Music Radar: "The character had this cool posture that I wanted to take on in my vocal delivery."
  • The spoken-word part that happens at the end of the song came about after Matt Shultz talked to some friends about the creative process. He explained: "I was talking about writing lyrics just to sound poetic rather than speaking from your heart. My friend said that I should stop writing lyrics for the sake of poetry, and I should just write lyrics the way that I speak, because that's what's poetic."

    "At first, I was kind of offended," he continued, "but he was right. I did this experiment where I had my friends come over, and we'd crack open a bottle of wine and sit down with a typewriter. I told them to just speak from their hearts, and I tell you, I felt like a therapist – they would be weeping in my living room. Those words came out of that experiment. I'd pull lines from the things that they told me, various phrases that I'd embellish. It was pretty powerful."

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget