Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The O'Jays Songs - Sunshine Lyrics

Sunshine Lyrics By The O'Jays Songs Album: Back Stabbers Year: 1972 You`re the sweetest thing I know You dim the rainbow`s glow There`s no power on this E

The O'Jays - Sunshine
The O'Jays - Sunshine


The O'Jays - Sunshine Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Back Stabbers
Released: 1972

Sunshine Lyrics


You`re the sweetest thing I know
You dim the rainbow`s glow
There`s no power on this Earth
To seperate us, baby

'Cause you are my Sunshine
You are mine, all mine

When it rains on my parade
You were there to light the way
You`re rare as a rose in winter
You`re more, more than I deserve

You are my sunshine
You brighten up my darkest day
You are mine, all mine
Baby, it`s you

Words like darling
Sweetheart, forever
Girl, it's you I`ll always adore
They only say I love you
But you mean so much more

'Cause you are my sunshine
You`re my sunshine, sunshine
Baby, baby, you are mine
You`re mine, all mine

Hey, you
You`re my sunshine
Sunshine, sunshine

You`re everything
I gotta love you sweety
Honey, baby
You are my sunshine

Writer/s: TUCKER, HANDEL/MORALES, DAVID/DUNBAR, SLY/RICKETTS, STANLEY
Publisher: EMI Music Publishing, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Sunshine
  • Along with "Who Am I" and "When the World's at Peace," this was one of three songs that the team of Bunny Sigler and Phil Hurtt wrote for the Back Stabbers. Sigler and Hurtt worked out of Philadelphia International Records, writing, producing and singing backup for Joe Simon, Jackie Moore, The Stylistics and many other acts. In our interview with Phil Hurtt , he talked about writing the lyric for "Sunshine":

    "A lot of times when I'm trying to come up with a lyric or a feel, I write something that I would like to say, something I'm looking for. I can go into my imagination and imagine this person, this woman in my own life, and what I would say to her. When I was in the service in Alaska I would write letters for my friends to their girls, and these guys would always receive these tremendous accolades for their letters I had written: 'Oh, my wife was so happy that I said that.'

    So carrying that forward, when I started writing lyrics, I did the same thing. I'd go back into myself, my inner self, and imagine what I would say. So when I say, 'You're the sweetest thing I know, you dim the rainbow's glow. There's no power on this earth that would separate us,' that's where I am."
  • In 1974, a live version was released as "Sunshine (Part II)," which is the version that charted at #48 in America. It was extracted from their album The O'Jays Live in London.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget