Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

The Cars Songs - You Might Think Lyrics

You Might Think Lyrics By The Cars Songs Album: Heartbeat City Year: 1984 You might think I'm crazy To hang around with you Maybe you think I'm lucky T

The Cars - You Might Thin
The Cars - You Might Think


The Cars - You Might Think Lyrics and Youtube Music Videos

Album: Heartbeat City
Released: 1984

You Might Think Lyrics


You Might Think I'm crazy
To hang around with you
Maybe you think I'm lucky
To have something to do

But I think that you're wild
Inside me is some child

You might think I'm foolish
Or maybe it's untrue
You might think I'm crazy
But all I want is you

You might think it's hysterical
But I know when you're weak
You think you're in the movies
And everything's so deep

But I think that you're wild
When you flash that fragile smile

You might think it's foolish
What you put me through
You might think I'm crazy
But all I want is you

And it was hard, so hard to take
There's no escape without a scrape

You kept it going till the sun fell down
You kept it going

Well you might think I'm delirious
The way I run you down
But somewhere sometimes, when you're curious
I'll be back around

Oh I think that you're wild
And so uniquely styled

You might think it's foolish
This chancy rendezvous
You might think I'm crazy
But all I want is you
All I want is you
All I want is you

Writer/s: OCASEK, RIC
Publisher: Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

You Might Think Song Chart
  • This won the first-ever Video of the Year award at MTV's Video Music Awards. It beat out "Thriller" by Michael Jackson and Herbie Hancock's "Rockit," among others.
  • The video was very advanced for the time and was one of the first to use computerized effects. Singer/guitarist Ric Ocasek's image appeared in various animated scenes - he would show up as a fly, climbing the Empire State Building, just about anywhere to get the attention of the girl. The object of his affection was played by model Susan Gallagher.
  • This was produced by Mutt Lange, who has also worked with Def Leppard and AC/DC. He was married to Shania Twain from 1993-2008.
  • Ric Ocasek wrote this song. He sings about a girl who thinks he's crazy for putting up with him because she's so difficult.
  • Weezer recorded this for the 2011 movie Cars 2 - their version was used in a scene where Lightning McQueen and Mater go to Japan. The actual Cars had reunited by 2011, but apparently weren't contemporary enough for the kids' movie.
  • The antecedent for the video were commercials for the American gossip magazine National Enquirer, which featured goofy cutout animations of the celebrities the magazine would feature. These spots were produced at Charlex studios, so Jeff Stein, who directed the "You Might Think" video, commissioned them to work on it after pitching The Cars on the idea, which was putting the band in pop culture scenarios and having an animated Ric Ocasek stalk the girl. Getting the band on board wasn't easy. Stein explained in the book I Want My MTV: "I met The Cars and told them, 'The band's in the medicine chest, and then on a bar of soap, and Ric's a fly,' and one of them said, 'Why don't we all just play on a turd in the toilet bowl?' That was the prevailing attitude."

    Stein was famous for his live videos like what he did with Billy Idol on "Rebel Yell," but he thought The Cars were a boring live band so he used digital trickery to get around that.

    The video took months to make and at first it aired without the fly, which wasn't ready yet. The effects seen in the video can be created with a basic program these days, but in 1984 creating and rendering this stuff was extremely tedious and time consuming.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget