Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Frank Sinatra Songs - I've Got You Under My Skin Lyrics

I've Got You Under My Skin Lyrics By Frank Sinatra Songs Album: Songs for Swingin' Lovers Year: 1956 I've got you under my skin I've got you deep in the h

Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Ski
Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Skin


Frank Sinatra - I've Got You Under My Skin Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Songs for Swingin' Lovers
Released: 1956

I've Got You Under My Skin Lyrics


I've Got You Under My Skin
I've got you deep in the heart of me
So deep in my heart that you're really a part of me
I've got you under my skin

I'd tried so not to give in
I said to myself this affair never will go so well
But why should I try to resist when baby I know so well
I've got you under my skin

I'd sacrifice anything come what might
For the sake of having you near
In spite of a warning voice that comes in the night
And repeats, repeats in my ear
Don't you know little fool
You never can win
Use your mentality, wake up to reality
But each time that I do just the thought of you
Makes me stop before I begin
'Cause I've got you under my skin

I would sacrifice anything come what might
For the sake of having you near
In spite of the warning voice that comes in the night
And repeats how it yells in my ear
Don't you know, little fool
You never can win
Why not use your mentality
Step up, wake up to reality
But each time I do just the thought of you
Makes me stop just before I begin
'Cause I've got you under my skin
Yes, I've got you under my skin

Writer/s: PORTER, COLE
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I've Got You Under My Skin Song Chart
  • Cole Porter wrote this classic pop standard in 1936, and it debuted when actress Virginia Bruce sang it in the MGM musical Born to Dance, starring Eleanor Powell and James Stewart, that same year. The song was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Song but lost to "The Way You Look Tonight," from the Astaire/Rogers film Swing Time.
  • Frank Sinatra began performing this song on his weekly radio show in 1946 but added his signature swagger when he recorded a big-band arrangement by Nelson Riddle for the album Songs for Swingin' Lovers ten years later.
  • Sinatra re-recorded this for the 1963 album of his favorite numbers, Sinatra's Sinatra. The trombone solo, originally played by Milt Bernhart in the '56 version, was performed by Dick Nash. He recorded it yet again in 1993 with U2 frontman Bono for the album Duets.
  • This became a fixture in Sinatra's set-list and can be heard on his 1966 live album, Sinatra at the Sands, where he is backed by Count Basie's orchestra.
  • While this was one of Sinatra's signature songs, he certainly was not the only one to record it. Among many others, it was covered by Peggy Lee, Ella Fitzgerald, Eartha Kitt, Sammy Davis Jr., Carly Simon, Michael Buble, Michael Bolton, and Deana Martin. The Four Seasons scored a Top-10 hit with the song in 1966, and Neneh Cherry's hip-hop version earned her the #25 spot on the UK chart.
  • Chad L. Coleman sang this on the TV series The Walking Dead in the 2013 episode "Infected."
  • Sound engineer John Palladino remembers the sessions for Songs for Swingin' Lovers as being particularly challenging because of the awkward setup of Capitol's Studio A - a small area made even smaller when it was crammed with musicians - and Sinatra's demands for perfection. Trombonist Milt Berhart learned this all too well on this song when he played full force, take after take, never quite hitting the crooner's mark.

    "That was a dirty trick to play on Milt," Palladino told Sound on Sound. "He'd get in there early and practice the stuff, and then he had to play at full volume. We could have said to Frank, 'Why don't we intercut take one or two with Milt's solo?', but that never occurred to me. And besides that, Frank really didn't like editing. He was fastidious about capturing complete takes, and so I did very little editing on his recordings."
  • Sinatra held himself to the same standard of perfectionism as he did his musicians. Palladino remembers him running through this song with the musicians for 22 takes.

    "Some of those takes could have been false starts where they got through a few notes and then stopped," he said. "I doubt there were more than four or five complete takes. Frank knew his own voice pretty well, and when he wasn't singing well, he'd walk out of a session. I've got to give him credit for that. In fact, I've got no criticism of Frank at all. His criticisms of the musicians' playing were really top-notch, because they locked in with what he was doing. He knew what he was doing, and he knew what he wanted the band to do."
  • Sinatra sang a ballad version of this song to honor the late Cole Porter during a two-hour tribute at the University of California on February 12, 1967.

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget