Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Huey Lewis & the News Songs - I Want A New Drug Lyrics

I Want A New Drug Lyrics By Huey Lewis & the News Songs Album: Sports Year: 1983 I want a new drug - one that won't make me sick One that won't make me cr

Huey Lewis & the News - I Want A New Dru
Huey Lewis & the News - I Want A New Drug


Huey Lewis & the News - I Want A New Drug Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Sports
Released: 1983

I Want A New Drug Lyrics


I Want A New Drug - one that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel feet, feet, feet thick
I want a new drug - one that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

One that won't make me nervous
Wonderin' what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you

I want a new drug, one that won't spill
One that don't cost too much
Or come in a pill
I want a new drug, one that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night
One that won't make me sleep all day
One that won't make me nervous
Wonderin' what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
I'm alone with you, baby
I'm alone with you, baby

I want a new drug, one that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good
I want a new drug, one with no doubt
One that won't make me talk to much
Or make my face breakout

One that won't make me nervous
Wonderin' what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you, yeah, yeah

Writer/s: HAYES, CHRISTOPHER JOHN / LEWIS, HUEY
Publisher: Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

I Want A New Drug Song Chart
  • The "drug" that Lewis sings about is women. They don't have the side effects most drugs do - dry mouth, red eyes, make your face break out, etc.
  • Lewis sued Ray Parker Jr. for stealing the melody from this song on his hit "Ghostbusters." They settled out of court, but Parker sued Lewis in 2001 after Lewis revealed in a VH1 Behind The Music special that Parker paid him as part of the agreement.
  • This song was one of four US Top 40 hits from the album. The others were "Heart And Soul," "If This Is It," and "Walking On A Thin Line." The hits were released over the course of a year in 1983 and 1984, and led to his biggest hit, "Power Of Love," in 1985.
  • The movie Back To The Future went into production with this as a temporary track until a more suitable song was written, which turned out to be "The Power of Love."

    "I Want A New Drug" did make the movie - it is in a scene where Marty McFly listens to it as his alarm clock goes off.
  • Weird Al Yankovic did a parody of this song titled "I Want A New Duck." When Al appeared in a parody of American Psycho , he is killed by Huey Lewis, who exclaims: "try parodying one of my songs now, you stupid bastard." (thanks, Matthew - Milford, MA)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget