Songs Lyrics and YT- Youtube Music Videos

Stone Temple Pilots Songs - Days of the Week Lyrics

Days of the Week Lyrics By Stone Temple Pilots Songs Album: Shangri-La Dee Da Year: 2001 Monday, back from the dead I'm letting it go, back for another on

Stone Temple Pilots - Days of the Wee
Stone Temple Pilots - Days of the Week


Stone Temple Pilots - Days of the Week Youtube Music Videos and Lyrics

Album: Shangri-La Dee Da
Released: 2001

Days of the Week Lyrics


Monday, back from the dead
I'm letting it go, back for another one

Tuesday, shoot me in the head
I'm takin' it back , takin' it back
I'll take it back

Wednesday, she's lookin' for a friend
She'll get what she wants
Can't seem to get enough

Thursday, it's more than I can stand
I'm holdin' her down, holdin' her down
She's down again

I gotta find a way to find her
Where could she be?
Four Days of the Week
She thinks I'm the enemy

One day, left me for dead
Woke up on the floor, time for another one
Two days, she's leavin' me again
Can't take it no more
Out through the open door
Three days, she's found herself a friend
She got what she wants
Still never get enough
Four days she's back with me again
She's pullin' me down, pullin' me down
I'm down again

Monday's gone
Tuesday's fadin'
Wednesday's gone
Thursday's all but wasted now

Writer/s: WEILAND, SCOTT RICHARD/DE LEO, ROBERT EMILE/DE LEO, DEAN
Publisher: EMI Music Publishing, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group
Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind

Days of the Week Song Chart
  • Lead singer Scott Weiland wrote this about how he felt when he got out of prison; he spent five months in jail in 1999 for violating his probation from a heroin conviction. Every day he was faced with new challenges and new insecurities.
  • This was released as the first single from the fifth Stone Temple Pilots album, Shangri-La Dee Da. The band wanted the harder-edged "Coma" to be the first single, but their record company insisted on "Days of the Week," deeming it more commercial.
  • Weiland: "A rock 'n' roll feel of Zeppelin during the Presence period, but melodically and lyrically where I was coming from was Elvis Costello or Joe Jackson ."
  • In the video, the band is portrayed as door-to-door salesmen who escape their monotonous lives by turning into astronauts and blasting into space. Weiland was a door-to-door salesman when he was 19.
  • In the video, Scott Weiland is floating in space through the airlock. This is a reference to Stanley Kubrick's epic movie 2001: A Space Odyssey when David Bowman, the main character in the film, is denied access to the ship by HAL 9000 (the ship's main computer). (thanks, James - Dartmouth, Canada)

  • Post a Comment

    [facebook]

    Lyrics

    Contact Form

    Name

    Email *

    Message *

    Powered by Blogger.
    Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget